Spotting a phony, wanabe Marine - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (joke)
    I was in a black ops once , anyway I think that was her name.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post
    For many just being a Marine is not nearly enough. For some being a Marine in combat is not enough.

These types are more disgusting than the civilian posers.
    I agree as well. It's in all branches of service. The guys who wash out of BUDS or flight school who know just enough to fool a civilian. Instead of being proud of the fact they even got that far, they embellish their experience. As the years go by unless called on it, they convince themselves it actually happened

Civilians are bad enough, they are wanabe's. Active or former military who pursue this are could-have-beens. Regret lasts a lifteime

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Palmer View Post
    (joke)
    I was in a black ops once , anyway I think that was her name.
    LOL I think she worked the Naval Base at Norfolk as well !!

Quote Originally Posted by June 1975 View Post
    Lynn, we served together! It's like you wrote my biography.
    I thought I knew who you were.

It was that Paris thing we did on those ME oil barons back in (sorry opsec)? You, me and (sorry opsec)?

I hear Tom Cruise got the rights to that caper and will be making MI-7 around that one.

Credits
    Savings
    "I have in fact spent the last 40 years doing black ops missions, for an agency I can't talk about since they would have to kill me, while skydiving in and killing people with nothing but piano wire.

So you can see why I hate posers.

Besides I can't prove this if I wanted to since all my records were destroyed in the great flood that followed the great fire that destroyed all the secret assassin records back in the year (sorry opsec as far as the actual year)"

Doc

You must have been part of that Op ECOMCON back a few years. I remember Col. Casey telling us how Gen. Scott lead a group of blood thirty types up Mount Thunder. That must have been something!!

BTW Frank sends his regards. That BS came through and a WO rating as well. Now he can get that Toyoda fixed

MOS1310, you know better than to name names; now they are going to have to kill you!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by June 1975 View Post
    MOS1310, you know better than to name names; now they are going to have to kill you!
    Dang,forgot myself. Not a Marine just a poor old sailor boy far from the sea

"Now he can get that Toyoda fixed"

Priceless :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    "I have in fact spent the last 40 years doing black ops missions, for an agency I can't talk about since they would have to kill me, while skydiving in and killing people with nothing but piano wire.

So you can see why I hate posers.

Besides I can't prove this if I wanted to since all my records were destroyed in the great flood that followed the great fire that destroyed all the secret assassin records back in the year (sorry opsec as far as the actual year)"

Doc

You must have been part of that Op ECOMCON back a few years. I remember Col. Casey telling us how Gen. Scott lead a group of blood thirty types up Mount Thunder. That must have been something!!

BTW Frank sends his regards. That BS came through and a WO rating as well. Now he can get that Toyoda fixed

Commander....
    So that was you who had the bullets bouncing off his chest and zinging around and killing the enemy? Damn.... you caused me to get my 14th Purple MoFo in in 9 days from all the ricocheting rounds.

Glad to know the ops missions made us tough and gave us ALL sorts of stories to explain the warrior ribbons that run up our chest and down our back!!!!

We can impress the hell out of any gullible 15 year old who meets us!!!!

ROFLMAO!~

"The guys who wash out of BUDS or flight school who know just enough to fool a civilian."

I am not saying this is wrong. But it certainly is not always right.

IMO supported by no facts, no data, and no link, I think it is more often the guys who never tried. Never tried for the service, never tried for that special to them mos, never tried to get into combat, never tried to whatever.

People who try and fail IMO have a better grip on things. They realize they were unlucky and got hurt, they realize there are some things in life you just can't do. But they know they tried.

For me its more likely the guy who only thought of trying. Or who never thought of trying that becomes the poser.

And then years later they are telling themselves or their brother sitting in the back of a cab----" I could have been a contender. I could have been somebody"

They think they could have because they never ran into the wall and knocked on their azz while trying.

Over time I could have done that slips into I did that.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    Commander....
    So that was you who had the bullets bouncing off his chest and zinging around and killing the enemy? Damn.... you caused me to get my 14th Purple MoFo in in 9 days from all the ricocheting rounds.

Glad to know the ops missions made us tough and gave us ALL sorts of stories to explain the warrior ribbons that run up our chest and down our back!!!!

We can impress the hell out of any gullible 15 year old who meets us!!!!

ROFLMAO!~
    Couldn't have been me. I was in my jet pack as forward observer. Must have been John Kerry!!!

June 1975 aka (deleted-opsec) did you just get a super secret email from Alvin Blackburn aka (deleted-opsec) ?

If not I am sure you will soon. Have your secret decoder glasses handy----the email will look like an ad for a penis enlarger.

He says that old Col WW White is putting something together called Dagger 111.

There will be 8 of us. A jump. We will carry the old stand-by's of BAR and 16 gage each.

Should be a quick in and out since there will only be maybe 180 of them we will have a standing point blank gun fight with.

See you soon?

I love cross threads----keeps those on their toes who do not keep up on their reading.

http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies.htm

Go here its got some of the funniest stories of posers and you can even submit some of your posers to the wall of shame

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn2 View Post
    June 1975 aka (deleted-opsec) did you just get a super secret email from Alvin Blackburn aka (deleted-opsec) ?

If not I am sure you will soon. Have your secret decoder glasses handy----the email will look like an ad for a penis enlarger.

He says that old Col WW White is putting something together called Dagger 111.

There will be 8 of us. A jump. We will carry the old stand-by's of BAR and 16 gage each.

Should be a quick in and out since there will only be maybe 180 of them we will have a standing point blank gun fight with.

See you soon?
    I love cross threads----keeps those on their toes who do not keep up on their reading.
    Looks as if I'll be there as well. Me and the lads from VFA-987 "The Screaming Beagles" have drawn close air support. Good chance to pick up my 7th DFC. Tally Ho!!

Funny, I kinda recall a toothpick in there...Lol!

Thread Information