Dress Blue Alphas
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dress Blue Alphas

Alphas are for the ball
    but i got into a bit of a pull with my sgt's today i have been told
    i can wear my Alphas at my wedding im correct right?
    one sgt said idk and the other one said no

Um do you plan on inviting them to your wedding? If not why do you care?

i do not... but i dont want to be wrong

Dude, its your wedding. Technically you are supposed to get permission from someone, but its your moment...do what you want. Just don't get overly trashed and disgrace the uniform. I'm sure your wife to be won't want you wasted during the reception anyway..most frown on that...but still, use your head.

Regardless, I changed into a tux for my reception for comfort, so I wouldn't have to worry about jacking up my uniform, and b/c I got a free tux with the purchase of my groomsman's tuxes. That was also the only time I've worn Blue Alphas vice Bravos b/c the medals are so freaking pricey.

You know what, I'll PM you.

Technically Alphas are for Marine Corps functions only with large medals no marksmanship badges.Bravos,Charlies,and Deltas are for leave and liberty with ribbons and badges .Straight from the manual but it is your wedding and who is going to know but you and all of us lol.I'll never tell.Good Luck and Congratulations.Semper Fi

Dress Blue Alphas are for the ball. But go a head and wear them if you want to. I wore mine at mt wedding back in 1974 and noone said a thing about it so go a head and wear them if you want to. Also good luck and congrats.about your wedding. SSGT. Francisco

thanks marines for helpin out.. semper fi!!

honestly your not supposed to wear blues alphas but no one will say anything. Heck I wore my Blue Alphas at my wedding with my boss in attendance lol

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I was also told my a fellow Marine from 8th&I that for your wedding you rate wearing white trousers even if you aren't a SNCO. Is this true? Im getting married on the 25th and wanted to see if this was correct

MotoMotoJ...are you a Marine? If so, you should PM one of the mods...thedrifter, jinelson or Sgt Leprechaun...and have your status changed from Marine Friend to Marine.
    If you're not a Marine yet, then you're posting in the wrong forum.

Quote Originally Posted by daylton View Post
    Alphas are for the ball
    but i got into a bit of a pull with my sgt's today i have been told
    i can wear my Alphas at my wedding im correct right?
    one sgt said idk and the other one said no
    Dude, your profile says you are 18...WTF are you getting married for
    ???????? Big mistake at that age bro.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post
    Dude, your profile says you are 18...WTF are you getting married for
    ???????? Big mistake at that age bro.

I agree, but I dont know your situation. Being 18, in the Corps, snatch everywhere, you better be in love brother.

Blue Dress "A" is not authorized for leave or liberty. It may be authorized for ceremonial and social functions. As far as I recall, only a commanding officer may prescribe which functions it may be worn at. My recommendation is to use your chain of command to clarify, not a forum such as this. The same goes for the question regarding non-staff NCOs wear of Blue-White "A" & "B." I suspect your command will authorize it for your wedding, but that is entirely up to your commanding officer.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMotoJ View Post
    I was also told my a fellow Marine from 8th&I that for your wedding you rate wearing white trousers even if you aren't a SNCO. Is this true? Im getting married on the 25th and wanted to see if this was correct
    LOL,
    This reminds me of a story. Our OIC (CWO4) told us to wear white trousers at my buddy's wedding and said not to worry about the regulations, that we were good. Come time for the wedding, he flew to my buddy's hometown but only brought blue trousers on accident and we all had white. Ok, I'm done sharing now. As for your question, always seek that kind of information...if you are to abide by it...from your command. Don't be the 18 year old new guy that is reg slapping your SNCOIC's...the Marine Corps runs off what is accepted at the unit level....not what is written in regulations. Each command is different (by that I mean, many units are more strict than regs state).

I got married in my Dress Blue Deltas, got divorced in my civies with a pair of hunting boots, and greasy ball cap haha . If I get married again it will be in my skivies,skivie shirt, and jungle boots, with ribbons, and shooting badge of course

Thread Information