M.O.S Confusion
Create Post

Thread: M.O.S Confusion

M.O.S Confusion

My M.O.S is combat support, but i have no clue as to what it entails can anyone help me? Thank you.

Credits
    Savings
    Wait, so you chose your M.O.S. without knowing what it entailed?

Quote Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
    HaHa that was funny. I knew what it entailed, but was confused in the fact that within combat support their is artillery, tanks and LAVs, and anit-aircraft, airtraffic controller type jobs. My head recruiter fought me tooth and nail not just to go infantry because of my high test score. I got an 82 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vloyanetes View Post
    HaHa that was funny. I knew what it entailed, but was confused in the fact that within combat support their is artillery, tanks and LAVs, and anit-aircraft, airtraffic controller type jobs. My head recruiter fought me tooth and nail not just to go infantry because of my high test score. I got an 82 overall.
    I got an 87 and I am going infantry. Its four years of YOUR life not his. Do what you want.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I agree sbombard15, it is your life, your time. Do what you think you will like most...I personally got a 96 on the ASVAB and am going for 03xx too. Being smart will help keep you alive anywhere :P

a

Quote Originally Posted by Nate2004 View Post
    Being smart will help keep you alive anywhere :P
    ^

Credits
    Savings
    I am the same, I got an 89 on the ASVAB and I am trying to get infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vloyanetes View Post
    You should tell your recruiter that you want to do infantry, and dont take no for an answer... just do whatever you want to do aslong as you have the score for it, and i'm sure that an 82 will get you just about anything.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I agree with everyone above. If you really want to go to infantry, then do it. Just make sure that you know what the job entails you. It seems that a lot of infantry prospects think that it's all 24/7 boom boom and bang bang, when in reality it is much different. Research the MOS(s) you want and seek any other possible options. If it's what you want in the end, go for it.
    And along with the people above, I got an 89 and am also shooting for infantry. I haven't told my recruiter yet, but I can tell she'll be putting up a fight for me to do something different.

Yup, if you want infantry, go infantry. I scored an 85 on my asvab and have been fighting to get on an infantry contract for months now. I made the mistake of letting my family pick my job for me, and now I have to live with it. If you can get a hold of an infantry contract, and that is what you really want to do, don't hesitate to take it. That being said, combat support is a great MOS to have as well, it was my second choice. If I can't get infantry or a crew chief switch, that is the job I would take. All the Combat Support Marines I know love it.

Thread Information