Artillery to Infantry
Create Post

Artillery to Infantry

I ship out Monday and I was wondering if it is possible while at boot camp to change my MOS from 0800 to 0300. Or maybe wait until after boot camp and before I go to SOI try and change it, since I won't have taken any specialized training yet. Is this possible? & if so what is the chance I can make it happen?

Have you asked your recruiter this question?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineCorps0300 View Post
    I ship out Monday and I was wondering if it is possible while at boot camp to change my MOS from 0800 to 0300. Or maybe wait until after boot camp and before I go to SOI try and change it, since I won't have taken any specialized training yet. Is this possible? & if so what is the chance I can make it happen?

Whoa. I think you may have run out of time on this one.

Don't feel bad. In Afghanistan, many artillery units work as provisional infantry anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Have you asked your recruiter this question?
    Yes, however he is new and unsure. We have had three different SNCOIC in the past few months and each has given me a different answer.

Well tell him your not going anywhere until he produces you an 03xx contract. This is 4 years of your life were talking about. Its going to be hell if you dont like your job.

If you want to ship on Monday, you probably aren't changing your contract to infantry. Artillery isn't that bad. The schooling just sucks. I'll probably still be here by the time you get here

My SNCOIC did a little research for me and told me I wouldn't be able to change my MOS until one year after the completion of MOS school.

I'm good with artillery for now as long as I go overseas.

I have never seen anyone change their MOS prior to their 4 year mark. Then they ask for it with their reenlistment. If you have already done MEPs and swore in you contract is already in effect. Until then you can ask for whatever you want. But remember the more difficult you make it for the recruiter the more likely he will just dump you and get an easier guy to put through.

Thread Information