MCT or ITB
Create Post

Thread: MCT or ITB

MCT or ITB

The MOS I wanted was Infantry but what I got was Artillery. Now what I wanted to know was whether after boot camp would I be taking MCT or ITB? I thought maybe Artillery is close enough to Infantry that I might be taking the more in-depth training at SOI.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarineCorps0300 View Post
    The MOS I wanted was Infantry but what I got was Artillery. Now what I wanted to know was whether after boot camp would I be taking MCT or ITB? I thought maybe Artillery is close enough to Infantry that I might be taking the more in-depth training at SOI.

You'll go to MCT then artillery school. ITB is the MOS school for infantry. Once in your unit, you'll practice more grunt stuff there. I'm sure you''ll have officers and NCOs with significant ground-pounding experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    You'll go to MCT then artillery school. ITB is the MOS school for infantry. Once in your unit, you'll practice more grunt stuff there. I'm sure you''ll have officers and NCOs with significant ground-pounding experience.
    Thank you, sir.

My advice: If you really really want infantry, this is the next 4 years of your life. Don't ship until you have infantry. If not, then yes you will be going to MCT.

Mike

Don't be so disappointed. You get to spend a minimum 5 weeks in wonderful Ft Sill OK. You could get even luckier and spend up to 6 months here! Show me some motivation 'rah

Nah it ain't that bad, stricter than a lot of other mos schools and boring as hell but can't complain

Thread Information