People who say you were in the ARMY.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

People who say you were in the ARMY.

This ever happen to anyone else? Like, someone will introduce you to someone else and they will say "you were in the ARMY, right?" And when you correct them the're like "oh it's basically the same thing".

Quote Originally Posted by CplAllen View Post
    This ever happen to anyone else? Like, someone will introduce you to someone else and they will say "you were in the ARMY, right?" And when you correct them the're like "oh it's basically the same thing".
    To me it really ticks me off, since I actually was in the Army before the Corps. When someone calls me a "Soldier" I want to punch them in the throat and kill their children. Self control usually gets the best of me, so I usually just opt to politely correct them, and then kick 'em in the teeth.

Happens all the time.

Try being a Marine with a Marine Corps jeep

Oh look an Army jeep ,no it's a Marine Corps Jeep .Same thing right :No it has full fording gear and says USMC in 3 inch letters on the hood and has lifting eyes for air and sea op drops,it is deep forest green semi gloss not olive drab .So it is not an ****ing Army jeep so no now your kid can't have his picture in it.It is cool when a Vietnam era Marine see it because they remember them immediatley and know what an USMCM38A1 is .

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I usually reply "No, I wasn't in the army, I was on active duty.

What really ticks me off is being refered to as "soldier".
    When I say no, Marine. Some will say same thing right?
    Then I politely school them in their error.

Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by Danny C Smith View Post
    What really ticks me off is being refered to as "soldier".
    When I say no, Marine. Some will say same thing right?
    Then I politely school them in their error.

Smitty
    Roger that Smitty..My brother (retired Army) once asked me why Marines don't have a butt load of ribbons and pretty ropes and neat berets...I replied "Marines don't suit up like circus clowns"...I mean c'mon he had rows of ribbons and braided ropes hanging off him everywhere...I did recognize the "parallel parking service ribbon" and the "I showed up for work today ribbon"...Soldiers? I think not.

I tell them I was in the real service and when they say what i say the Marines
    it takes 3 Marine Div and 3 Air Wings to do the same job as the whole Army and Air Force

Army ?

I correct them, and walk away. Most of them are civilians, who never served, and don't know any better. I don't cultivate their friendship, but I hve had a few, who apollogized, for the error. Them I can live with. Most former servicemen, just ask what outfit you served with. If the person asking, is wearing a cap, as I do, usually they have some badge, or script on it, indicating their branch of service. I'm seldom without mine. The guys who p--- me off, are the old dudes, who look at your cap, and curl their lips, and tell me, they were in a REAL war. (WWII) I got this once, from two guys, a short time ago. One of them was Vice-Commander of his American Legion post. The other one, I was told, was The Commander of his VFW Post. I asked them how much combat they had seen. Neither of them had seen Combat. I turned my back and walked away. They weren't worth the effort, or the explaination, to a cop. S/F!!! Ken

definition of stress:
    When the mind overcomes the bodies natural inclination to throttle the living crap out of some idiot who really deserves it!!!!

Seems like on a weekly basis

One girl I work with was running her mouth in the employee breakroom one day. She didnt know Im a Marine but several others did... she was explaining that her boyfriend had just completed 'army Boot Camp' and when another employee corrected her, her exact response was "they're the same, Marines are the special forces division of the Army"

I was going to let that one go but the Gung Ho Poolee fixing his salad schooled her

Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    I tell them I was in the real service and when they say what i say the Marines
    it takes 3 Marine Div and 3 Air Wings to do the same job as the whole Army and Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    I correct them, and walk away. Most of them are civilians, who never served, and don't know any better. I don't cultivate their friendship, but I hve had a few, who apollogized, for the error. Them I can live with. Most former servicemen, just ask what outfit you served with. If the person asking, is wearing a cap, as I do, usually they have some badge, or script on it, indicating their branch of service. I'm seldom without mine. The guys who p--- me off, are the old dudes, who look at your cap, and curl their lips, and tell me, they were in a REAL war. (WWII) I got this once, from two guys, a short time ago. One of them was Vice-Commander of his American Legion post. The other one, I was told, was The Commander of his VFW Post. I asked them how much combat they had seen. Neither of them had seen Combat. I turned my back and walked away. They weren't worth the effort, or the explaination, to a cop. S/F!!! Ken
    Right on brother,. Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA HITMAN View Post
    Roger that Smitty..My brother (retired Army) once asked me why Marines don't have a butt load of ribbons and pretty ropes and neat berets...I replied "Marines don't suit up like circus clowns"...I mean c'mon he had rows of ribbons and braided ropes hanging off him everywhere...I did recognize the "parallel parking service ribbon" and the "I showed up for work today ribbon"...Soldiers? I think not.
    I will never forget what our SDI said, the army looks like a fvckin bunch of Christmas trees with all the trinkets they wear on their dress uniform,lol, Never Forget, Semper Fidelis.

Happens all the time for me, too. But the best one was when I was on leave after boot camp.

I got into town late and I was hungry. I went down the street to a 24hr cafe. I was still in my Alpha uniform. Some jerk in the restauant said loudly "Hey, look at the army guy". This woman got up, pointed at me and declared (even louder) "That's no army guy, THAT MAN IS A MARINE!".

Made my day.

Thread Information