background checks - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To get the answers to the questions you are asking, talk with a recuiter and let him/her know everything.
    We can only point you in the right direction and give advice here. We can't say if you will require a waiver or not, and we have no idea if it will get approved or not either, it's not up to us.
    Just talk with a recuiter.

If you used drugs you will need a waiver... to the extent of the drugs used will determine what waiver and how far up the chain of command it must be approved. Only a recruiter can help guide you past that, don't be afraid to tell them what you have done, they will help you get in to the best of their abilities.

Ok, well thank you all sirs, I hope to be serving under you all somday, and I appeicate the help you've all given me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysar View Post
    Ok, well thank you all sirs, I hope to be serving under you all somday, and I appeicate the help you've all given me.
    I hope you're not calling me a Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    I hope you're not calling me a Sir?
    Hit him again Lisa.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Hit him again Lisa.
    Honestly, what male Marine here would have a US Marine Corps Woman Marine avatar? Geeeeeeesh!
    I know I've made some ooooopsies, but really.

Umm, I'm sorry, I mistook you for one of the handsome gentlemen beside you in your picture. And i also didn't notice the avatar, so my apoligies. Madame, Sirs, good day.

@ WMarine.... Now your a MADAME lol

The recruiter will be able to tell you almost immediately whether you're eligible or not to join the Corps. They do a national agency check and a local law enforcement check on you in about a heartbeat. That's all you need for up to a secret clearance. The only time they do a thorough background check is if you get an intel job. If you have a shaded history, you can forget about joining the Marine Corps these days. All young people have "experimented" with drugs. Anyone that says they haven't is a friggin liar.

Thread Information