Backup Shipper
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backup Shipper

Credits
    Savings

Backup Shipper

This is what happened to me yesterday...

Its less than 7 days before i ship, so the usual paper work and the usual IST are needed to be done. Nothing hard or unusual so I woke up early and a few poolee's along with myself went went to headquarters to do an official IST.

Did my pull ups, only person to do over 20, i got 24 did my situps 84 but i know i could do much better. So got to the run section of the IST, hydrated cramp free all good to go. Its the first time running at headquarters so i didnt know where the finish line was and it was stated before we began our run that if you dont complete the 1.5 Miles in under 12:30 you wont ship.

As you see in my signature i run low 11's and the last IST i did i am almost sure i did a high 10. Not to make this any longer but i ended up doing my run in 13:00 so now i'm going to MEPs on Monday as a backup shipper. If someone who is to ship doesnt show up then I get to go if not then i'll be shipping June 1st instead.

This is my situation now just because i over exerted myself too early in run, i was at the half way mark in about 5 minutes so i dont know what really happend.

Took it out on my body today, went to run twice... Around 13:30 by myself and then at 17:30 with Poolee's from my RSS. Everyone needs to stay motivated and dont ever become too comfortable with any of you're IST reasults always push it, i did my last IST about 1 1/2 weeks ago and thought i was more than ready.

That sucks. Well hopefully you'll ship on Monday when you go to MEPS. If not, then use the time to prepare.

Sucks, the run is the hard part for me too :|

yeah that really sucks i don't understand why they are making it tougher on you guys and not the other RSS, ours require males to do 13:30, but i think they shed off the 30 requiring you to do 13mins. because for females they require us to do 14:30 even though its 15mins. I too did my last ist yesterday. Hope you will get to go on monday. good luck to you

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mledford View Post
    That sucks. Well hopefully you'll ship on Monday when you go to MEPS. If not, then use the time to prepare.
    Yep if i dont ship i'm going to just look at it like i have more time to prepare and allow my body to heal. But its not so easy sitting around and just waiting I quit my job last year October and i'm really eager to get my first pay check once again.

Running has always been my weak point might i add but what i do to get over it is run shorter distances but more do it more frequently...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    yeah that really sucks i don't understand why they are making it tougher on you guys and not the other RSS, ours require males to do 13:30, but i think they shed off the 30 requiring you to do 13mins. because for females they require us to do 14:30 even though its 15mins. I too did my last ist yesterday. Hope you will get to go on monday. good luck to you
    Yeah i hope i get to go on Monday, waking up at 4a.m. just to find out i wont be shipping isnt going to be easy to deal with. Thanks for the well wishes

Everything happens for a reason they say, but I would be disappointed if that happen to me.

Good luck in getting that spot and stay motivated man.

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    My RSS requires us to have 12:30 minute 1 1/2 mile before we ship.

Credits
    Savings
    So i went back to HQ this morning to redo my IST, 21 Pull Ups 90 Crunches and 11:27 Run...

But i'm still a backup shipper sigh, i was'nt sounding off loud enough at the pull up bar to the Sergeant Majors liking so he said i dont have any enthusiasm and he doesnt think i'm serious about the Corps...

Right now i'm clean shaved and ready to go, all my stuff is squared away and i guess come Monday i'll know.

keep in mind, when you ship off you'll be up for 2-3 days without sleep before you even take the IST (filling paperwork and all that jazz during receiving). so if you're running a 12:00, then it'll probably slow down considerably and you may even fail the run portion once because the lack of sleep.

just food for thought

If you remember why you came to bootcamp, it should not stop you from pushing through.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by nikoreps View Post
    keep in mind, when you ship off you'll be up for 2-3 days without sleep before you even take the IST (filling paperwork and all that jazz during receiving). so if you're running a 12:00, then it'll probably slow down considerably and you may even fail the run portion once because the lack of sleep.

just food for thought
    Yep i have thought about the sleep deprivation in processing, i dont sleep much now as it is but it should still have some impact on my run. Guess i'll have to push even more to avoid PCP lol good point thanks.

Well good luck. If you go I'll see you there =D I did my last run today and I'm ready to get this show on the road.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Racop78 View Post
    Well good luck. If you go I'll see you there =D I did my last run today and I'm ready to get this show on the road.

Definitely no more running for me until i go on monday... Good luck and if i dont see you there tomorrow atleast we'll still be there together only a week apart.

Yeah man for sure.

Thread Information