Usmcr
Create Post

Thread: Usmcr

Usmcr

I've been using this site as a reference for many questions I have had for quite some time now and have found it very helpful. I am currently in the DEP process and have started my journey into hopefully becoming one of the few and proud. I am currently in college and have decided to join the reserves. I was just wondering if someone could help guide me through what I will be doing now, such as the training that I will receive before I return back to home and carry out my obligations as a reservist. I also was wondering if anyone had advice in which MOS I should consider in order to return to civilian life and enter law enforcement or even government agencies, if any give me an advantage over another? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2450 View Post
    I've been using this site as a reference for many questions I have had for quite some time now and have found it very helpful. I am currently in the DEP process and have started my journey into hopefully becoming one of the few and proud. I am currently in college and have decided to join the reserves. I was just wondering if someone could help guide me through what I will be doing now, such as the training that I will receive before I return back to home and carry out my obligations as a reservist. I also was wondering if anyone had advice in which MOS I should consider in order to return to civilian life and enter law enforcement or even government agencies, if any give me an advantage over another? Thanks.
    Yo man I am in college doing reserves as well, see reserves can be tricky, you can only do jobs that are available in the units in your area. you will be training one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer. as to what mos to choose, you got to talk to a recruiter for law enforcement, MP would be your best bet, but like i said the units in your area may not offer MP to reservists so it all depends on the needs of the units in the area and what they offer.

[quote=nicka495;644670 MP would be your best bet, but like i said the units in your area may not offer MP to reservists so it all depends on the needs of the units in the area and what they offer.[/quote]

This, and also I would try the "Ask a Marine" forum. Before you do so, make sure you fill out your profile ENTIRELY and also use proper spelling and grammar.

Best of luck to ya!

Thread Information