last pool meeting before i ship out!
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

last pool meeting before i ship out!

First of all, I'm so pumped it's ridiculous. Every morning I wake up and I'm twice as excited (and nervous) as the day before. It seems like it was yesterday that I DEP'd in, but it was November 2nd, almost 7 months ago now, and I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I was just wondering if there's anything special that's gonna happen at my last pool meeting, or if it's just a regular IST and some PT stuff.

I know for our RSS the NCOIC just briefs them on what to bring and what not to bring and of course everyone wishes them good luck!

Good luck to ya!

At our's they normally lead us in the PT for awhile until there tired and then we get some more trashings, and then we all say good luck and fairwell!

Good Luck! Go get the Title!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    thanks everyone. can't wait to get out of this nowhere town with everyone doing nothing. smack dab in the middle of my DEP time, at about 3 months in, it was so hard to motivate myself to PT...it seemed like id been waiting for so long and i had so long to wait that it didn't matter anymore. that didn't last long, and now i couldn't be more glad that i stuck it out.

Man i feel that same way, I have been PTing with RSS Boston since september 2009 and am now shipping out on Monday the 17th!! I can't wait man! It has felt like forever but the time has finally come and now I am going to have my chance to earn the title of Marine.

My last meeting was just running the IST, playing a little bit of ultimate frisbee, and doing my 30 days to ship paper work. I have heard that other places do something like having all the poolees shake your hand as for a little bit of MOTO. Sounds like you don't need it though, and I didn't either. I'm ready to go. Good luck.

Thread Information