Lena Horne age 92 passes
Create Post
    jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Lena Horne age 92 passes

Lena Horne's death at age 92 casts a shadow over Broadway where she shone for so long

Lena Horne epitomized hot and she epitomized cool.

As an actress, she might be the most elegant vision that much of America never saw. For many years Hollywood didn't think the country was ready for a black leading lady, even one whose elegance and beauty could take an audience's breath away.

As a singer, she was in her mid-60s before her one-woman tour de force on Broadway in 1981-82 showed everyone in the city and the world just what she could do with a song.

Horne, who died Sunday in New York Presbyterian Hospital at the age of 92, lit up the sky from the moment in 1932 when she took her first steps in the Cotton Club chorus line. The sky just had a lot of clouds in it for a lot of years.

She began singing in the mid-1930s, with a voice that was powerful and warm yet somehow wistful. It would take her years to really understand her songs, she later said, but the voice was always there.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz0nXwpZ3Dc

Who cares?? Was she a Marine?? Or a Military Veteran of any kind?? No. Then why idolize her on a Marine site? Facebook, Myspace, or a private blog would be appropriate, not here. How about all the Maines KIA, MIA, and WIA?? I would think they deserve more recognition. We idolize has-been actors and ignor the ones who are really sacrificing for their country.

And how about a recent picture??

this is the Open Squad Bay forum where Marines can talk about anything
    R.I.P. Ms Horne

Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    this is the Open Squad Bay forum where Marines can talk about anything
    R.I.P. Ms Horne
    So I'm talking. Like you said it in your post. If you don't want people's opinions don't post, simple as that. IMO SF

You need some nook.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    You need some nook.
    You have no idea how acurate that post is. LOL

RIP she was a class act and will be missed.

Lena was a "Boss" woman in the entertainment industry and a very classy lady. I do know she toured with the USO during WW-II. May she rest in peace.

Thread Information