Mos 0471
Create Post

Thread: Mos 0471

Mos 0471

Good day Marines,

Does anyone have information on this MOS? I am highly considering it as a reservist, however I do not have much information on it. I was told that they are responsible for transporting fallen Marines, however there is little information on them avaliable online and because it is not picked often, my recruiter does not know much about the position.

All I was able to find was the regular MOS description from usmilitary.about. com
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0471.htm

I feel that finding and/or transporting the remains of fallen Marines would be a rewarding, if stressful, position as a reservist.

If anyone has first or second hand information on this position, I would really appreciate it if you would share with me.

Thank you in advance.

As it has in the job requirements...... this is a duty that you volunteer for.

My old I&I unit turned into PRP (0471) I most of my Marines at the time went to this MOS. I will PM you with the intell I have on this and will tell some Marines I know to PM you as well.

FYI: To all who see this, 0471 is a job that takes major departmentalizing. All those 03xx that spout off POG this and POG that, usually SFU after hearing what they do.

EastofWest18, just curious...since you're a poolee, when is your ship date to boot camp?

WMarine: I am supposed to be shipping in November (day not remembered due to the flurry of things that were happening at the time) 2011. That is for an active contract with The Marine Corps. However, I now believe that going into the reserves will be a better match for meeting my longterm goals and the head of my RSS strongly agrees with me.

(NOTE: this does not mean that I do not want to be deployed, do not think I will be deployed, ect. It just means that I do not believe that being active in the corps as a full time job for the next 4/5/6 years is better for me than being a reservist).

MicMarine: PM will be sent in just a minute. Thanks.

Edit: November 2010 for a ship date. Sorry for the Typo

Thread Information