[Sort of an Hello Topic] Weight Loss.. Forget it. Help Me With Weight Gain!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

[Sort of an Hello Topic] Weight Loss.. Forget it. Help Me With Weight Gain!

Marines, Poolees, Friends and what not. Hey, Hey.

I found this Website a while back and finally registered here.

To start, I'm looking for tips.. On weight gain. Seriously, I can't seem to move. Let me try to explain this.

I'm currently not failing anything as far as my PFT Goes, other than my 3 Mile. Though, I'm still in the DEP and do have tons of time to improve.

My real problem is, I'm 5'11. 135 Pounds.. I turn 18 in less than a week.

I'm heavily involved in fitness, as well as attending PT Twice a week, every week, at my local recruiting station. In addition to PT, I do the following, daily, unless something comes up.

Calorie Intake : 8,000+ Daily. (Still.. No "Major" progress in weight gain)

AM Routine :

Run : 0500 - 0615. I do a Pullups warmup of max pullups. I start the run, up a main street and down a main street, until 0615, when a Grocery Store opens. Then, I go in, I grab Two Apples, 1 Type of "Performance" Drink (Muscle Milk Normally. I heard it's **** but I guess I'll have to stick with it for now). Do my run back to my house. Cut my Apples up. Skins on. Shake the drink. Pound it down. Apples w/ Peanut Butter, kill em. Pancakes. I eat 4, above average sized pancakes. I sometimes make myself sick but try to finish it anyways.

At this point, It's about 0700 or a little after. Next thing, head calls, teeth, shave, ect.

Afternoon / Evening Workouts :

Like I said, I attend PT Twice a week. I live about.. 2 3/4 Miles from the Office and run to PT usually every time. No PT day, I just do a lot of fitness that I can fit in, lasting about 2-4 Hours any given day. The Work :

Pullups, Bench Press (180 Pounds Solid, Maxed 200 but try to stay away from it normally), Squats, Curls, Dumbell Work, Calf Rock (Like Squats, put the barbell on the shoulders and rock back and fourth on your heals.. Someone suggested it to me for a calf workout). Luckily, I ask for a Weight Bench for Xmas in 2008 and got one. Been adding to the collection of weights since.

After which, I go to my garage usually, pump out some pullups, either in Pyramid, Max every couple of minutes, or sets of 10, with pushups in between. In addition to these, I do dips, hello dolleys (Think that's the name..), Planks (Ab Workout), 6 Inches (Ab Workout?), Stargazers, Mountainclimbers, Squats.

Now. My question is. I personally think I'm pretty well rounded for the most part in the whole workout routine between strength and cardio conditioning. The problem is.. I'm not gaining weight.. Ever. I go to bed at night weighing 135 - 140. I wake up at 127 - 132.. Rinse and repeat, day in and day out. I've always been small my whole life. I was told early on I have a high metabolism. But how can I slow it down or somehow, gain weight? The time that I actually gained weight, was when I started PT. I went from 102 to 135 in about 2 months or so. Since then, nothing but a steady sit in the 130's.

Apologies for typing so much. Just looking for answers. Did anyone else have this problem before Recruit Training and if so, do you have a suggestion to start gaining weight, without packing on tons of body fat.. When I pack it on, I want it to be muscle, not fat.

By the way, Im thinking about the MOS 11B (Yeeeah!) and I would like to try to qualify for Recon. It's something my Recruiter has talked to me about and I'm incredibly interested. I'm also wanting to be Honor Grad at Recruit Training.. Any tips for increasing my chances? How can I work harder? And finally, I wanna be a Drill Instructor!!

Thanks to those that can help me. I can't wait to earn my way into the Proud Tradition of the United States Marine Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedr View Post
    By the way, Im thinking about the MOS 11B (Yeeeah!)
    11B is Army MOS code

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    eat Cheese!!!

Eat Steak. Meat. Protiens. Your 5'11 and just 135? Dayum lol. Im 5'8 and 145. There are guys like you in bootcamp. You have long legs I assume so your run time should be around 20 min or faster. Once you get to bootcamp you will gain weight. You only eat 3 times but its the foods your body needs. I gained about 8 pounds in bootcamp and I was just like you. Just keep working out, and eat MEAT. Thats what builds muscle. Cut that muscle milk crap and do it naturally. You dont get muscle milk in bootcamp so once your body realizes your not getting that protien anymore, youre going to lose all your muscle/weight. Buy chicken. Its the cheapest meat and packed with protien. buy white rice and eat that with vegetables. Thats what I did before bootcamp.

3 large meals a day. It's better to eat 3 large meals than to eat more average sized meals. That was one of the two reasons boot camp bulked me up, added on to the reason Enrique listed.

Of course, "bulked up" for me was going from 110 to 130 at 5'8", but still, you get the idea.

Oh and as for being "honor grad" lol. Its called Honor Man or Guide. It takes alot. Just learn everything about the Platoon. Remember and ENFORCE ALL in-house procedures. Correct your fellow recruits ALL the time and make sure the Drill Instructors notice you. Once they notice you, you'll be good. Unless they are all about image. We had a perfectly fine Guide coming into 3rd phase. Knew everything and had us all in check, but he was about 5'5 and weighed like 170. They fired him and chose this 6'2 stocky football coach. He did win Company Honorman. So he got LCpl. Good ****. Try your best and stand out to the Drill Instructors.

11B Recon guy who's interested in carrying out the traditions in the Corp, and also dreams of being a drill sgt, i mean instructor.

Shutup already...

[SORT OF A HELLO RESPONSE]
    HELLO!

I didn't think they really cared about anyone being under their minimum, as long as they perform to a high-standard physically. I wouldn't worry that much about bulking up just for the sake of it.
    I went to recruit training under my minimum, didn't gain so much as a pound, and was still under my minimum until the past couple months when I started really putting on muscle.

Mimimum weight is more in place for those "skinny fat" people that can't PT because they have the muscle mass of a holocaust survivor.

Stargazers
    Also, lol.

Who taught you that these were a real exercise? Stargazers are something smart-ass Lance Coolies say they are gonna lead their section in during a PT session just to rile up their NCOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltayn View Post
    Also, lol.

Who taught you that these were a real exercise? Stargazers are something smart-ass Lance Coolies say they are gonna lead their section in during a PT session just to rile up their NCOs.
    Our last company 1st Sgt always led us in TGIFs for company PT. We'd get on the ground as if we were going to do pushups, then just lay there.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    11B Recon guy who's interested in carrying out the traditions in the Corp, and also dreams of being a drill sgt, i mean instructor.

Shutup already...
    Thanks for all the info, as well as corrections. I'll start working on it.

I'm here for help and correction, so instead of telling me to shut the hell up, a little more detail would be great from some people.

Thanks for all the info, as well as corrections. I'll start working on it.

I'm here for help and correction, so instead of telling me to shut the hell up, a little more detail would be great from some people.
    Watch your tone there when speaking to a Marine.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    No dis-respect intended.

No dis-respect intended.
    We police our own. You are lucky WMarine said something first. To be honest you sound fake. I send PMs and post on forums reminding Marines to stay on topic. That is a Marine's job.

If you are concerned about your weight see a doctor he/she can assist you to insure it is not due to an underlying medical condition.

Do you enjoy the taste of avocado? If so that's good because if there's a healthy food that's high in fat and also good for the heart it's avocado, and fairly cheap year round in California. The areas surrounding Camp Pendleton are loco with avocado orchards----remove the stone and blend avocado into your protein shake. It may sound out of place but it's not, and marries well with ice cream or milk and syrup for a smoothie. Add
    banana for a double shot of potassium.

--->Dave

Thread Information