Weight Loss - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Loss

Just talked to my buddy who is a recruiter. The Navy and Marine Corps changed the policy like 5 or 6 years ago. Recruits have to be in height and weight standards to enlist and ship. He is convinced this is Department of the Navy wide, not just his recruiting district. Not like the old days where they would let you ship up to 30 lbs heavy. If she is 5'8"/64" she needs to be at 164, no taping (that he said is the CO's call). I think this is a stupid policy.

Try P90X, Insanity or Crossfit (lots on youtube). I was a training chief and I am a combat conditioning instructor (I get to haze the BCP Marines and not get in trouble), and a triathlete. Feel free to PM me with questions as this has someone gotten off topic.

Marines: Can we please stop guessing and use our networking skills, to provide proper information. Not all the answers were BS, and you all had good intentions, but I think this little gal is more confused then when she started. We shouldn't be here to see who has the crustiest cammies. I am see more of this in some threads. Wish I could zap some of the info passed here. I AM NOT A MONITOR, just remember some kids take your word as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by MicMarine
    If she is 5'8"/64" she needs to be at 164,
    MicMarine, I'm 5'3"/63"........and at 5'8", that would be 68", not 64".

Quote Originally Posted by MicMarine View Post
    just remember some kids take your word as gospel.

Well, I am a Goddess.....

Well, we gave the young lady some advice and she hasn't been back to post.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Well, I am a Goddess.....
    Pictures PLEASE!!!

Thank You to all Marines that took the time to answer my questions, I am currently 16 however I turn 17 in 2 weeks and am hoping to enlist A.S.A.P as I graduate in December and would like to ship to Parris Island in January.

I am going to talk to a nutrionist this week and will then adjust my diet, since that seems to be the most common and reasonable recommendation.

Once Again Thank You Marines for all of your help!!!

Thread Information