Fitness Question
Create Post

Fitness Question

Hello,
    I have my eyes on USMC Force Recon.
    I would like to know if anyone has any suggested workouts to prepare me for basic, and all other training I will encounter.
    I run 2-3 miles per day and I perform push ups, sit ups, and dead hang pull ups along with my other workouts 3-4 times per week.
    If anyone has a suggested workout to help better prepare myself I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time

Quote Originally Posted by Zwoods2010 View Post
    Hello,
    I have my eyes on USMC Force Recon.
    I would like to know if anyone has any suggested workouts to prepare me for basic, and all other training I will encounter.
    I run 2-3 miles per day and I perform push ups, sit ups, and dead hang pull ups along with my other workouts 3-4 times per week.
    If anyone has a suggested workout to help better prepare myself I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time
    First you have to get through BRC and then spend a couple of years in a recon team, and then maybe if your a badass you will get put in a force battalion. But as far as workouts just do cross fit, its the best workout you can do and thats what we do in BRC.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is cross fit exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwoods2010 View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is cross fit exactly?
    Kinda of like P90x but better. look it up on google there is a ton of workouts, they are short but a real ass kicker.

Thank you very much, sir!
    Have a good night

CROSSFIT is great, but if you want to get strong you're going to need to lift as well. I usually lift 5 or 6 times a week for about 1.5 hours and follow that with a quick crossfit workout.
    As far as running, start building up your distance. I would recommend running every other day to give your knees a break, and start building up to 6+ miles.
    As far as getting into Force, martin was exactly right. I will add though, that you should start doing research, other than watching youtube videos, about the actual mission of Marine Recon and see what it is we really do. It's probably a lot different than you think.

Not being rude here, but some of you wannabes and poolees need to show initiative by either searching this site or searching the internet for answers to your questions first. And if you're having trouble with using the search bar on this site, PM thedrifter and let her know.
    I know this is the Ask A Marine forum, but really...do a search first.

Thread Information