Time from Recruiter to Boot?
Create Post

Time from Recruiter to Boot?

Marines,
    Thanks for taking the time out of your day to look at this and possibly answer my question. I graduate from high school in three weeks and I intend to enlist in the Marine Corps once I get back to the States (living overseas due to my dad's job) this summer. Because I'm not in the US currently I don't really have access to a recruiter (haven't had the chance to become a POOLEE, etc.). My plan is basically to go to the local recruiting station back home but I wanna get everything done as quickly as possible so that I don't have to drag the process out, which will be painful on the family. So I am wondering if anyone can let me know how much time will pass from the moment I first walk into the recruiter's office until I get into boot camp? Is less than a week possible? Can I go straight from the recruiter's office to MEPS to boot?

Again, thanks for your time and thanks for your service

And I'm talking about everything: the ASVAB, IST, the whole process from the moment I first walk into the recruiter's office until I ship out

You're looking at a long wait, son. Hard to give a timeframe but count on six months or longer.

The SSgt. is correct,In my area they are staying in DEP from 6 months to a year before shipping out.
    That having been said Good luck to you.

Alright, well thank you both.

It's along process, and hopefully you won't require any waivers of any type....medically, criminally, or for tattoos, if you have any.

Meeting the Recruiter
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joini...recruiter2.htm

im on r.a. right now and we have poolees not shipping out until next june/july timeframe

I was in boot camp 60 days after I graduated high school. I guess they needed a lot of infantry Marines at the time.

i went to boot 3 weeks after graduation

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    To the original poster....you graduate high school in 3 weeks in an overseas high school.

Is this school on a US military base or post?

You may need to find out if your diploma is accredited by the recruiters to see if you meet the criteria for enlisting.

If not you may be in for a longer wait...but to answer your questions you do need to speak to a recruiter for the up to date scoop in your area....that you are moving back to.

I also notice that your hometown according to your profile is London,England...were you born in the United States or US soil....i.e. a military hospital?

If not are you a naturalized US citizen?

If not there is additional things that must be accomplished before you can enlist.

Good luck!

Took a week after graduation from high school to go in the Marine Corps when I enlisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post

Took a week after graduation from high school to go in the Marine Corps when I enlisted.

That's when they were desparate though

Thread Information