Afghan bound finally - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck LCpl and come home safe and say Hi to all those Marines you'll be joining over there and let them know there in our thoughts and prayers.
    Its not like Nam but war is Hell on matter where it is. Kick ass if you can
    Semper Fi Redman

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't think he would mind if I shared his APO with you all. Our warriors need all the support they can get. Not posting it here but I'll send in PM if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamelink83 View Post
    it's a co-working thing.

Diz, stay safe brother, I'll be out there soon to join in and your not the only one nervous.

Yeah, he'll fall under ISAF command, as they're the ones calling the shots out there (ROE's are seriously Fu%ked up--don't get me started). And yes, everyone gets an ISAF ribbon for going to Afghanistan now. My unit got back 6 months ago.

Ah...for some reason I was thinking the Marines were under a different command for OEF....in our own minds I suppose we are!

Good luck bro.

Enjoy it and don't be anxious.

5s and 25s haven't heard that in forever. Not sure how relevant my OIFF III advice would be but learn to trust your gut and learn the people so you can tell when ****s about to hit the fan.

Lastly don't be like so many soldiers are and ***** about having no clear mission or how bad it is lol Marines are supposed to kill who cares why.

Stay safe and God Bless and guide you each and every day ...

Thanks again for the kind words and support. Pretty warm out here and all, but what can you expect on an upcoming summer in a desert? Staying motivated as always and it's nice to be able to come to the MWR place to check mail or post on here on occassion just to check in and say hello.

Semper Fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey Diz I know you can't check in on a regular basis but when you read this let me know what you would like or need over there.

Gummy bears are enroute but what else??

Bulk, I appreciate the support. Be advised... my wife tells me they told us our Unit number was 44070 but instead its supposed to be 44075. Im told that any mail sent to that unit number will make it here.

Things we need... Im not really too sure to be honest. I guess any hygiene gear that my fellow Marines and I would use such as your normal things like Qtips, toothbrushes, etc. Most of my fellow Marines aren't here yet which is why I'm unsure. I came out here on Advon, so we're a skeleton crew right now.

Thanks again and Semper Fi!

Be safe brother I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Now with all the mushy stuff behind GO GET SOME!

Semper Fi!

Forget the whole 44075 thing I posted. We clarified with the 1 shop that 44070 is still a good address unit number as of now.

Semper Fi.

Nothing Kinetic here, still doing changeover, which is messed up so we are rectifying the issue the best we can.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    hiya Diz,
    I need you addy too to send ya some stuff too.

Thread Information