Checking in...
Create Post

Thread: Checking in...

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Checking in...

Just stopping by to introduce myself and say hello. My son is in his fourth week of bootcamp at the moment. I was just informed he was made Squad Leader. I am very proud of him.

Welcome aboard D....congrats on your boy becoming a Marine....and welcome to the Marine Corps family........where is he going to boot at...if I may ask....?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dphilpott View Post
    Just stopping by to introduce myself and say hello. My son is in his fourth week of bootcamp at the moment. I was just informed he was made Squad Leader. I am very proud of him.

WOW...I just noticed where you're at...!!!

.....ahhhh....the memories....!!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    San Diego. I was not in the Marines, I was in the Navy (sorry, do not mean to offend anyone), and that is where I went to bootcamp as well. I know he will do well. I guess he will be going to Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri for school.

Yes, I live in a fairly decent place. I lost my leg 2 years ago and receive a pension, so I figured what better place for a one legged American.

San Diego. I was not in the Marines, I was in the Navy (sorry, do not mean to offend anyone), and that is where I went to bootcamp as well. I know he will do well. I guess he will be going to Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri for school.

Yes, I live in a fairly decent place. I lost my leg 2 years ago and receive a pension, so I figured what better place for a one legged American.
    AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH...?!?! I have often thought that if I ever make it back over that way....I'll just stay....LOL...

Your son is in good hands....and as long as your son is a Marine so will you too be a part of the Marine Corps family.....and no disrespect taken at all.....

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    " I was in the Navy (sorry, do not mean to offend anyone),"

No offense taken by me!!! Good luck to your son and thank you for your service

Dan

Credits
    Savings
    Hi Good luck to your son! My son is in his 7th week training day 38 at PI and seems to be doing great as of his last letter.he is just a little nervious for Qual day.

Congrats to you and your son! Having only been a Marine parent for a little over three months, I'm still trying to figure out a lot of things; abbreviations, leave, etc.. but I'll say that this is a brotherhood second to none! Best wishes to your son as he continues his journey.

Thread Information