Information on Gas Chamber... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nope....you keep on training. Eventually, you're cammies will get washed, and you'll be able to take your shower in the evening after all training is done for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    Thanks for the information. Do we get to wash off at all after or wash our cammies? Or will it eventually fade?
    If I remember correctly, in boot camp when we got out of the chamber we got in formation and stripped to our PT gear then threw the cammies in a bag and put another set on. (You'll go almost everywhere in boot camp wearing a 2 day pack, so you'll always have room for an extra set of cammies or whatever else your DIs make you pack)

The reason I said no is because when I went through the gas chamber, we didn't change, just kept on training. We walked in a big circle with our arms out for a bit. And if I'm not mistaken, we did the repelling tower afterwords.
    I'm sure things have changed since I was in.

Since the day is divided up by series ( i/e Lead series does the gas chamber in the morning while Follow did the rappel tower, and vice versa in the afternoon), Lead series didn't change their cammies. We ate lunch and went straight to the rappel tower. When we got back to that field outside the Page field RTF at the end of the day, Follow series was staged in their PT gear and boots.

They looked pretty funny practicing for initial drill in front of the Bn Sgt Major heh heh.

Anyways, Luck of the draw I guess

The gas chamber is actually fun. It'll clear up any sinus or allergy problems in a heart beat.

Hahaha, this is bringing back memories. Remember that initial burning you got when the mask made contact with your skin? Nothing REAL bad, but you could feel it even though you hadn't hit the gas yet, just from it being on the mask, and you just stood there thinking "if this is what it feels like from residue on the mask after its been washed, what will it be like inside??" Hahaha, good times.

Sorry if my story sounded horrendous, it really wasn't THAT bad. Its not fun, but its over with pretty quick.

You go through the chamber, we had to don and clear several times because one recruit was a ***** and wouldn't man up and do what he needed to do. We even PT'd a little so we had to breathe with our seals broken. It was horrible, but it wasn't that bad. After you are done you change into your sweats but when you get back to the squad bay you put on your CS'd cammies (at least we did), we didn't change them until we were told to, which was a few days later since we did laundry the day before.

It was not as bad as I thought it would be. We had a recruit who wouldn't take off her mask, so we couldn't put ours back on until she did. I couldn't hold it any longer, waiting on her, and ended up taking very shallow breathes. Once I realized I wasn't dead all was well.

whatever you do while inside the chamber, do not get all crazy and break a window that your kill hat is taunting you through! some boot did this and pulled his kill hat into the chamber and guess who had to go fix the window.......

<------- this Marine!

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    The worst part of the gas chamber is the class they give prior to going in.
    haha, that class sure was boring. A fellow recruit took his canister and made the mistake of smelling it. He was dumping water on his face after... it was pretty funny to me.

Do they spray you down after or does the sting eventually just go away? I'm just curious about the details.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    Do they spray you down after or does the sting eventually just go away? I'm just curious about the details.
    lmao no spray down. not much of a sting. more like an uncomfortable burn! its not that bad. dut its funny as hell when you see grown men bolt for the door. when i was stationed at Weapons and Field Training Battalion I did go through that same gas chamber when i was a recruit but this time i played it smart and blocked the hatch from anyone getting out. I had a good Laugh at my shop foreman cause she couldn't hang and she did not qualify! been giving her sh!t ever since and she's been out for 4 years now lol.

Okay Thanks Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Squad Leaders Course...
    We dummy corded everything. While doing room clearing training on an abandoned building the instructors gassed us. One individual was unable to don and clear before he really got a couple good lung fulls. (Is fulls a word?) He flung his gas mask down and took off running about 200 yards. Because his gas mask was dummy corded to the carrier it looked like a little black dog was chasing him all the way down the hill. Epic fail.

The gas chamber always made me burp. I think it was from coughing so much I swallowed a bunch of air. You will be trained before exposure. Do what you have been taught and you will be fine.

It's not so miserable as an 'accidental' discharge of bear spray to the face YouTube shows dozens of dolts gettin popped, watch but don't try. The effects of one well placed blast can last a long time and sucks hind tit.

--->Dave

Thread Information