I need help with a question before i go into my recruiter tomorrow!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need help with a question before i go into my recruiter tomorrow!

Hey i'm new here just signed up for the forums. I figured this would be a great knowledge base to answer a question I have before going into my recruiter tomorrow to enlist. I know the elegibilty standards require high moral standings, I am a dedicated and patriotic american who wants badly now to finally serve his country and learn what it means to become a aprt of something bigger than myself, I have for too long put my self before others, ive now reached a point in my life where i feel like i've not only let friends and family down over the years but I've let my self down the most.

My main question is, about 4-5 years ago, I was detained by the police due to a bad influence I used to hang out with, we got pulled over because he decided to yell out the window of MY car at what he thought was a prostitute yelling downgrading and crude things to her, now we were just driving along when he did this, well it turns out she was an undercover vice police woman. Not to my knowledge my so called "friend" had Pot in my car that I didn't know baout, and because it was my vehicle and I have ownership of the car and was driving, he denied it being his and I got screwed over, I was given a delayed sentance for possesion of marijauna ( basically means i have to stay out of trouble for 1 year, pay a fine and it was dismissed and case was dropepd ) i had no probation no jail time no porol and was never taken to jail for this incident.

All I have wanted most my life was to become a Marine and serve my country with men I could call brother, and now that I finally have the will and determination to do this im worried that I will not be allowed to join because that incident will show on a federal background check even though it was dropped and dismissed and is not shown on a normal criminal history back ground check.

Can someone please tell me my chances of fulfilling a dream and what i feel is an obligation and duty?

ps sorry this was so long but had to give all the back story

They are stricter on who they let in now, and only your recruiter can give you a definitive answer, but this doesn't sound like the end of it to me. I think you'll be fine.

Mike

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This isn,t going to be easy,your chances of getting in the Marines is slim to none.with the Marine Corps being full up at this time they are being very picky about who gets in.all you can do is try and be up front with the recruiter then go from there,good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb View Post
    They are stricter on who they let in now, and only your recruiter can give you a definitive answer, but this doesn't sound like the end of it to me. I think you'll be fine.

Mike

Thank you for responding LCpl, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Jim View Post
    This isn,t going to be easy,your chances of getting in the Marines is slim to none.with the Marine Corps being full up at this time they are being very picky about who gets in.all you can do is try and be up front with the recruiter then go from there,good luck.
    Thank you for responding as well Sgt.Jim. That seems to be what just about everyone is telling me. And your advice is exactly what I plan on doing, I have spoken with Sgt.Rock (my local recruiter) before so I have established a relationship with him over several conversations and meetings. So I'll be upfront and honest and cross my fingers and pray that I am able to enlist.

See...this young man came on here with respect and some genuine concern for his future and looking for honest answers to his questions. respect does exist...!! Thank you son....and good luck in your Marine Corps endeavors!!

I don't want to give you false hope, but from what it sounds like this is barely a scratch on your record. If the case was dropped, then the case was dropped.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    According to the site you linked me, I shouldn't require a waiver for any of those items listed, as I have had fewer traffic infractions it lists, as well as fewer or none of the other offenses it lists. That is if that information is current and accurate as of 2010.

But thank you for the link I do hope those are the real facts, if so my mind is a little more at ease now.

I think it'll be fine, Jordan. If the offense was dropped and dismissed, it shouldn't show up on any record I would think. But then again, I don't know Regardless, be completely forthright and honest. Good Luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!

And stop yelling at hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    And stop yelling at hookers.
    Hell I STILL do that...!!! LOL.......!!

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    If the offense was dropped and dismissed, it shouldn't show up on any record I would think.
    Problem: Arrest record.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    See...this young man came on here with respect and some genuine concern for his future and looking for honest answers to his questions. respect does exist...!! Thank you son....and good luck in your Marine Corps endeavors!!
    There are very few people that I have more respect for than Marines, and the only others I do respect as equaly or more than are my Father and my Mother. Yes sir respect does still exist, though I do understand how you can be leary that any young people in our world today know what that word actually means, and it is indeed a sad thing.

And thank you for your well wishes, I will report back here as to what transpired in my meeting tomorrow, be it good or bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Problem: Arrest record.
    ahhhh....never thought of that. Hey, I worked 13 hours today. I don't need to think much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Hell I STILL do that...!!! LOL.......!!

Ya, but now you can see what can happen the next time you do! They'll throw your ass in jail. Oh, wait. You're already there. What would they do with you?

Thread Information