Im looking for the best way to prepare for boot... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My next question, which has to do with the subject is, what is a good way to make the soreness go away on days after the work out so that when I go to PT or when I do personal workouts, it wont be so bad so, I can get my work out in and maximize performance?

you wont have time to be sore in boot, just suck it up

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    My next question, which has to do with the subject is, what is a good way to make the soreness go away on days after the work out so that when I go to PT or when I do personal workouts, it wont be so bad so, I can get my work out in and maximize performance?
    Hydrate, some white willow bark pills from a GNC style place, and Motrin after your work out.

Do you have shin splints or are you just talking about muscle soreness?

It is just muscle soreness. My mother, who is a RN, said potassium helps with muscle recovery as well but, I was just wondering if there was more I could do while in DEP to be able to work out when I want without the soreness being as heavy afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley View Post
    you wont have time to be sore in boot, just suck it up

This.

Practice how you play. Learn to exercise with your muscles being sore. As long as you know you aren't injured, keep training. You won't be able to sit PT out at boot just because your muscles are sore at boot.

I know and thanks. So, basically practice muscle memory and pushing through the pain until my arms fall off right?

Just don't over do it. There's a difference between muscle soreness and muscle pain. don't hurt yourself

Thread Information