~ Birthday Gift Ideas Help...
Create Post

~ Birthday Gift Ideas Help...

My Marines 21st birthday is coming up. Im drawing a blank, he basically has everything I can think of. Cant send chocolate or anything cause it will probably melt...Thank you.

We've been sending chocolate to Leatherneck and it's been making it!!! (just fyi) Other than that, just try to make it something special between you and him. You would know him better than any of us...

OH.. does he have nice bedding for his rack out there? When my hubs was in Iraq I sent some really soft sheets and a cushy comforter and a really nice pillow... something they don't have out there-- and also a touch of home.

i asked randy, who has recently come home and he said "a card...or something personal from home. something you know thats going to make them smile" i sent him a bunch of stupid little drawings and pictures and it ment alot to him, i sent him poems i wrote them on my own...things from the heart. simple things are the best. if he's able to get on a computer maybe send him a video saying hi.

Yeah I did make him a birthday card, thought it would be more personal than a generic store bought one. I spent like three days on it lol, Im sure he'll see how much time and effort I put into it.

OK! So I got a reply today that said no more chocolate hahahahaha!!!!! It's finally started melting. I guess we can only send chocolate while it's freezing cold.

DB had a good idea with the pillow. It's better than using your gas mask and more comfortable. I took mine from a plane that came into Somalia when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisanne89 View Post
    My Marines 21st birthday is coming up. I'm drawing a blank, he basically has everything I can think of. Cant send chocolate or anything cause it will probably melt...Thank you.
    Let me say this as a Marine that spent two years over seas, anything you send like a home made card with your picture in it will be very much appreciated. Just something to look at and hold close to there heart will most like hold him over till he makes it back home. and a small pillow want hurt also.Good Luck to you and your Birthday boy..

Rose Is Good For Your Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    Let me say this as a Marine that spent two years over seas, anything you send like a home made card with your picture in it will be very much appreciated. Just something to look at and hold close to there heart will most like hold him over till he makes it back home. and a small pillow want hurt also.Good Luck to you and your Birthday boy..

Thank you, I did make a card. Put alot of time and love into it if thats possible. One month down, six more to go. (That is if its a 7 month deployment) Crosses fingers lol.

send him anything same with me when i was in desert5 storm anything was good anythuing homee or qa good book like sands of iwojima oorrrraaahhhhh

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go to Sgt Grit. com and find something Great stuff there for Marines
    When I was in Nam just a card with my wifes smell on it and a sexy picture did the trick for me.
    Semper Fi Redman

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    Go to Sgt Grit. com and find something Great stuff there for Marines
    When I was in Nam just a card with my wifes smell on it and a sexy picture did the trick for me.
    Semper Fi Redman

Yeah the first letter I did, I did the spray the perfume on the paper lol. Smelled really good.

Thread Information