03 Infantry & Avatar Graduate from Boot COUNTDOWN
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

03 Infantry & Avatar Graduate from Boot COUNTDOWN

DAY FIVE

On September 12th, 03Infantry will graduate boot in San Diego. He has told me his life has changed so far while in boot. I bet it has. Can't wait for him to come back here and share with everyone his experiences.

If Avatar has stayed the course, and everything being equal, he too should be graduating on or about September 12th, at Parris Island - as they both shipped out the same day.

If all these worked out well for both, we'll get a wealth of information from these two new Marines who went off to boot at the same time, one at Parris Island and the other at San Diego.

Hope they both report in here at Leatherneck!

semper fi,
    jchristin

In that case I should be moving into Avatars old Company(2nd batt. Golf Co. I believe), maybe I will even get the same DI's.

Credits
    Savings
    DAY FOUR:

Well,

Our two recruit Marines are getting anxious about this time. Freedom is soon at hand. They've jumped through a lot of "hoops" and crawled through a lot of mud to get this far. They have learned the meaning of becoming a Marine - yet just can't be called one - just yet!

Oh the memories!

semper fi,
    jchristin

I can honestly say that this is the most boring week - from full constant activity to doing paper work, and knowing that you will soon be with your families. I think it was the longest four days of boot camp, with the exception of waiting for my Drill Instructors to pick us up! I hope they make it ok.

SF,

Joe

Credits
    Savings
    DAY THREE
    AND COUNTING DOWN:

Well 03 Infantry and Avatar

The two of you are gearing up to come home - hopefully - for a few days. There are a few poolees waiting to hear from you, especially all about your experience. What an ideal opportunity. To hear from one who went to San Diego and the other to Parris Island. The two of you can compare experiences for the benefit of the poolees, as well as to entertain those of us who have already been.

Wish I could be at each of your graduations. I know that our old friend Bones feels the same. Here is part of what he wrote to me and I am sharing with you:

"I'm damn proud of Matt and Brian! You can tell 'em I said so! I wanta know how they're doin'! I wanta know friggin' everything! LOL. F cking Marines! ...ain't that somethin'. I knew they could do it!"

I know you will both serve the Marine Corps well and make those of us who went before proud.

03 Infantry, I know your parents are proud of you. I'm proud of your parents for supporting your decision to join the finest military branch since the time of the romans. It may not always be easy for them in the future, what with all the world hot spots going on, and I know that may be a wee bit distrubing for a parent. Especially knowing that their love one may be sent into harm's way. They have been supportive of your decision, now you may learn to become supportive of them and their love for you.

Can't wait to hear from both of you. Guess we'll have to!

semper fi,
    jchristin

Credits
    Savings
    One to "real" boot camp and one to San Diego...
    gee I can't wait to hear about it too!!

Not looking to start anything with the Hollywood Marines but I am of the opinion that PI is much harder on a person mentally. And physically, if the sand fleas don't bite the crap out of you while you are being dug, you can get through it!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking

It would be interesting to hear thesea stories from the different coasts. I hope that they post here too. Parris Island is the only place that Marines are made....!!!!

Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Oh my God,

CAS and I are in complete agreement on something? I need the smelling salts.

I need a drink, no - the whole bar.

Just to hear everybodies story as soon as they arrive back, that would do just fine!

Okay 03Infantry and Avatar - don't make us come lookin for you. We're Marines and we will find you if need be!

semper fi,
    jchristin

Credits
    Savings
    Day Two and Day One

The Countdown Continues:

Hey - who around here remember these two "former" poolees, Now Marines - if they toed the line, jumped through all the hoops, and learned to become non-entities only to be rebuilt as US Marines.

Today, I venture to assume, they are talkin to their boot buddies in a way they hadn't before. They all survived an life changing event that they lived through, a nightmare at the first, a nightmare in the middle, and now - it's in the past, they made it. Pushing paper work, getting gear ready to ship off, and getting ready for tomorrow - the big day. For those with family attending the big day tomorrow, they are visiting with them. For those without family to watch them graduate, like I was, I focused on my best boot buddies parents as subsititutes for my own. Its a day to feel proud, like no other.

Okay, 03 Infantry and Avatar. Get your behinds back here and tell us about your "vacation" to the Marine Corps two finest resorts.

semper fi,
    jchristin

Credits
    Savings
    THE DAY

Well, just about this time pacific time: 1200hrs, they are finding freedom from underneath the dictatorship of their drill instructors.

If they experienced anything like I did, and what many of us felt, pure happiness and joy at completing something that just seemed like it was going to go on for ever and ever. They now know the pride many of us feel when talking about our "beloved Marine Corps."

Today is their day. For 03Infantry, Avatar and the men and women who share this day as their graduation from basic training. This is their day. No other like it - its their new birthday, for they are Marines.

Oh well, no one tell them the all the hard stuff is just about to begin. Let's allow them a few day of R&R, they've earned it. Your old buddy Sgt. Bones is proud of you both.

Congratulations 03Infantry and Avatar, job well done.

semper fi,
    jchristin

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    It's good to see our blood replenished! The adventure is just beginning for those lucky bucks. Sand fleas were the least of my problems at Parris Island!

Anyone taking bets that they'll graduate as PFCs?

Registered User Free Member Avatar0fCha0s's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Well I'm finally home. I hate that damn Island and everything on it!!! Actually, I was kind of sad to leave, Sand Fleas were a pain, but Fire Ants were worse, wow those things can bite. I just got in the door after a 17 hour car ride so I'm a little tired, I'll give you my boot story tomorrow, 03 should be here by then to. Tell you one thing though, cried on the parade deck at Graduation and the EGA ceremony. Tell you the whole story later.

Semper Fi Marines, OORAAH!

Credits
    Savings
    WELCOME HOME MARINE!

KNEW YOU COULD MAKE IT!

We are all so proud of you.

Welcome home.

Looking forward hearing your boot stories. Don't forget to post your Marine pic in the gallery!

semper fi brother Marine,

jchristin

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Now you know the pride and respect we all have for our Corps. Congratulations and welcome to the brotherhood.

SF,

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up

Semper Fidelis

Thread Information