NAM replacement citation
Create Post

NAM replacement citation

my first NAM i didnt get the citation with it (promise will get it later) now its later and im out and want to add to the self

Is there a place i cant request to original citation

Fill out your pro. and what is a "NAM?

Navy And Marine Corp Achievment Medal

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You could find the old CO of your outfit and plead your case...that award should be in your SRB and in the Unit Diary....

You need the one who signed the award....otherwise I have no idea.

You will also need dates...verification... ect....to back it up....it was probally made up and lost in the paperwork shuffle.

1: Your profile states you are 'still in service' after entering in '02, yet you are still a Cpl?

2: If you are still on active duty, you should be able to go to the Admin shop and get a copy.

3: This is why we ask for a 'completed' profile

4: If you are off active duty, you can order a copy of your COMPLETE SRB from NNPRC. It'll come on CD and is printable.

I missed the update on the profile ive been out since 06 but i live right next to camp pendelton so any ideas. Where do i get the disk with the SRB

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/mil...e-records.html

This site will walk you through the process.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is no real good answer. Some S-1's are right on top of stuff and made a copy or scanned the original. Others well your lucky if it made it into your SRB. Not discounting a NAM but lately they been handing them out at the chow hall. I'll take some scrambled eggs and a NAM please.

Ultimately you are the one responsible for tracking your records. Any Marine from private to SgtMaj can walk into S-1 and ask to see their SRB. You also can make copies of anything you like.

Something missing then point it out.

Years later you want a copy of your nam cert. The odds are pretty long on getting it.

I wish you the best of luck!

SRBs are held at the IPAC level. S-1's don't keep track of them. You won't find any certs of any awards in SRB's anyways. Your OMPF is you're best bet, but as others were saying, if your S-1 is sh*t hot then it'll be in there, if not, then that's your own fault.

Someone also mentioned Unit Diary. The records for UD is only kept for 2-3 years.

Thread Information