I had my C&P exam today....
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I had my C&P exam today....

It was a full day for me at the VA center. First I had my TBI/Migrain exam, then my PTSD exam, and then finally my hearing/tinnitus exam.

The TBI exam went fairly well, as the physician was nice and actually cared about me and my treatment. The PTSD exam was a different story. I figured it would take at least a couple of hours to complete. I went in, handed him extra evidence, such as a stress letter, pictures of my vehicle that was hit by an IED, etc. He asked a couple of questions and that was that....30 minutes in and out. Should I be concerned? I don't like that it only took 30 minutes. I mean...in a way i'm relieved, but then again i'm not. I am already going to request the doctors notes probably next week. What do you guys recommend I do? Or am I worrying about nothing. It just doesn't make sence that my TBI exam was more for my TBI AND PTSD.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't Know what to think of that???
    My C&P for PTSD was almost 3 hours of H*LL.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    That is about an average time....you may have got more minutes than others.

You have to remember there are others that they have scheduled also to see the doctor.

Also between...breaks....lunch...and head calls.....thirty minutes is a good time.

I got fifteen in North Carolina.

I don't feel you are worrying about nothing....but you do not want to contact them for any records....I stress that.

Wait until the decision is made.....if you pester and bother them they may not rule in your favor.

It is hard to do but live your daily life and give them time....once the doctors give the findings it has to go to adjucation...then it will go to about three desks for approval and the final signature...then to the mail clerk.

Due to weekends and the above breaks...decisions can take six months or longer due to the current influx of veterans applying for veterans benefits.

Give it time and before you contact them yourself....go to your county veterans services or a veterans service organization and ask them to do it for you....it looks better on your part.

Good luck!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I am remiss in not saying the total C&P can last for hours.....but one doctor or shrink is about average time as described.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Don't be concern all my comp exams all had taken 5 minuets over the years. My newest comp exam was last month for my heart all taken 5 minuets too. The VA already knows what they're going to do with vets before the vets fully understands the process. This is why you have an appeals process get it.

Quote Originally Posted by lmholmes11 View Post
    It was a full day for me at the VA center. First I had my TBI/Migrain exam, then my PTSD exam, and then finally my hearing/tinnitus exam.

The TBI exam went fairly well, as the physician was nice and actually cared about me and my treatment. The PTSD exam was a different story. I figured it would take at least a couple of hours to complete. I went in, handed him extra evidence, such as a stress letter, pictures of my vehicle that was hit by an IED, etc. He asked a couple of questions and that was that....30 minutes in and out. Should I be concerned? I don't like that it only took 30 minutes. I mean...in a way i'm relieved, but then again i'm not. I am already going to request the doctors notes probably next week. What do you guys recommend I do? Or am I worrying about nothing. It just doesn't make sence that my TBI exam was more for my TBI AND PTSD.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Mine was 15 min,i thought dam this is bull, ididnt know it was a c&p .i remember thinking this creep is a jerk, his progress report on me was just about the same ,never got to tell or show ,i think after time and .theripest session atleast once aweek. than you will have something to bring to the table.your service rep should be your leader. i used dav, find a good one, my service rep told me at first day of claim to do my home work. and idid good luck, usmc

Credits
    Savings
    Mine was about an hour....I guess it all comes down to the questions that the Dr. asked and how you responded. I wouldn't worry about it at this point and just let it all play out...you can always appeal any decision the VA gives you.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It seems likely that the examiner was cutting you some slack by not going through the entire list of questions. He may have seen that you were scheduled for a TBI C&P and thought that you already had a long day.

As for your records, do not fail to get a copy of every piece of information in your record. Wait a week or 10 days, then request a copy of the examiner's notes. You will probably be required to get a "Blue sheet" signed by a shrinkologist before they will release anything about your PTSD, but that only takes a few minutes. Go to the Release Of Information office, fill out a little form, and request your entire C file. I always wait in the guys office for him to print out what I am asking for. If you let them mail it to you, it will take 6 weeks because your request gets put behind the guy like me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You'll be fine "Remember the wheel that makes the most noise get's the Grease"...Goodluck Thanks for serving our Country...S/F

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    you do not want to contact them for any records....I stress that.

Wait until the decision is made.....if you pester and bother them they may not rule in your favor.

Good luck!

I was told by the release of information office at my local VAMC where my C&P was conducted, that they dont even go to the doctors to get the records, they have access to them on their computer system.

Do you still recommend not asking for them?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I was told by the release of information office at my local VAMC where my C&P was conducted, that they dont even go to the doctors to get the records, they have access to them on their computer system.

Do you still recommend not asking for them?
    No since it was conducted at the VA hospital in your area....my C&P was originally at VARO in Winston Salem,NC and it was stressed to me way back then not to contact them and let them do what they were going to do and I was not satisfied to appeal.

However since yours was at a VAMC with access to release of information I concur that you should get the copy from them.

I would still say though after getting what those doctors said....to contact nobody until a reasonable length of time and then go through a service representative or veterans organization.

Good luck!

Went on first C&P for knees waiting for secound on heart and PTSD been about three weeks so far first lasted two hours by the time they had me twisted in knots they said they would let me know. I have had the VFW people working with me so if they try and screw me over I have someone who knows the ropes and can bite back. It works!!

Thanks for the info guys, I'll keep updating this post

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lmholmes11 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, I'll keep updating this post

Thread Information