Signing off soon ...
Create Post

Signing off soon ...

Well ...

My son will be home soon and I'll not be posting once he's back home. I'm sure I'll continue to read ... but not post. I don't believe my son is a member here ... but just in case he is or if he comes across the site in the future ... well...I don't feel that I would want my "mom" posting on the same site.

I'll be around for a while longer with a comment here and there, and I will certainly stop by and post the pictures of his Charger. I'm so looking forward to his seeing it when he gets back.

I'm sure I'll return at a later date during another deployment .... but I really don't even want to think of that now. I'm just thinking of him coming home
    I've really enjoyed browsing through the different forums ... lots of information and opinions ... all valuable to me.

Just spending some time here with my son's fellow Marines has helped me through his 1st deployment. I know that there are other support sites for military parents and specifically for Marine parents... all appreciated... but I actually found Leatherneck the one I would pop into and browse the most, because I feel I didn't need to be comforted or assured in any way about his decisions or his deployment. Instead what helped me and what I simply wanted to know was more about the U.S. Marines ...in a more personal way than reading a good book about the Marines and I found that here. Now once that he will be home I'll pick up another book...

God Bless ... and Thanks!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Check in once in awhile Jeanne OK???

Your Friend,
    Rocky

Thank you JEANNE,for standing with us here on the LN,we love you..........Hurry back....
    God bless you........................Ed

Have fun and best of luck to your son!

Thanks guys .... It's getting closer ... the advance party has already left.

may peace be with you both

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You have no logical reason to leave,,,,,, and I haven't given permission. You have a life, and that is acceptable among all, including your child. Non-hackers need not apply.

You are welcome here,,,, I'll stake my stripes on it.

I'm with Ken on this, you are family. By the Grace of God and the Marine Corps your son is coming home. We want to share in the joy, so post some pics of your(our) hero of his return.

micarr57, Sparkie and sscjoe,

You all make me smile ... a really big smile ...

I will post pictures of Johnny's homecoming. Can't hardly wait! I think the time before deployment and the time before the homecoming has been the hardest.

Thread Information