Meritorious Graduation
Create Post

Meritorious Graduation

Good morning Marines. I know that if you go in as a contracted PFC, then you become a Lance Corporal after boot camp if you graduate meritoriously. My questions are: How do you graduate meritoriously, and do any Marines have any suggestions that might help me do so? Thank you for your time.

Do a search as this topic has been covered before.

First off there is no such thing as Meritorious Graduation, there is Meritorious Promotion not Graduation. If you are a contract PFC, and leave Boot PFC that is not Meritorious. If you pick up Lance after boot depending on when it is then yeah it could be a Meritorious Promotion. If you graduate Boot a contract PFC, don't expect to pick up Lance Meritorious in MCT, or Schools, unless you do something way above and beyond. You can however get Meritorious Lance in Boot, by graduating Series Honorman, be advised however that is not an easy goal, but it can be done. SF

Thank you Marines. Yes, I was talking about becoming a Lance Corporal in Boot Camp. I am a contracted PFC and I want to know how to pick up Lance Corporal in Boot. WMarine I will check the forums to see if I can find what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Long story short, you need to be company honorman and already be contract PFC. That'll be one person out of 450 minimum, and you have to be ****-hot to be company honorman. Good luck though.

In other words, possible but it's a long, hard, slog to get there.

Lets put it this way: there will be 'about' 560 recruits in your company (assuming you go during the summer, a little less during other seasons). If, out of those 560 recruits, you display the most refined example of physical fitness, motivation, competence, and leadership, you have a chance of coming out of bootcamp as a Lance Corporal.

If you were a contract PFC, that is.

Thread Information