Quick MOS question
Create Post

Quick MOS question

Hello all Marines! Im finishing trade school for automotive/diesel in june and i plan on enlisting. I would like to be in the motor pool and put to use what i already know, but im halfway in between that and infantry. Is there a way i could be placed with the infantry, be involved in combat, yet if something needs fixing im the go to guy? Haha i want both but i know thats not possible. Any advice and info would be great, thanks!

Best bet would be to go infantry and then volunteer if something needs fixing, I guess. Anything major and the actual Motor T guys will take care of it though.

Nope. Basically either one, or the other. But look at it this way, "All Marines are basically trained Rifleman".

Thank you for the responses! Ive heard plenty of times that every Marine is a rifleman first, but if im in the rear-rear working on vehicles, yes it is honorable and i am helping the cause and working for the safety of Marines on the line, but i also would hate to not be a part of the action. All the movies, books, shows, etc that have turned me into a Marine wannabe, none i can recall were about a Marine mechanic. Not that being in a book or a movie is my goal or reason behind wanting to enlist, cause its not, i just want to experience and walk in the footsteps of all the Marines which have inspired me so far.

And i know you say, well that sounds like you want infantry, which is correct. But everyone, including many Marines have told me: DON'T BE A GRUNT ....

I guess i have time to think about it.

How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to .....also, you may want to familiarize yourself with the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums too.

And why doesn't any wannabe want to use proper punctuation marks were needed and capitalize the letter "I"?

I just made my profile today and im doing it all on my phone so its a pain for proper punctuation, i apologize. Normally i always use proper punctuation while on a computer (im a former computer nerd, expert typer haha). It would just take me forever to do it proper. Ill have access to a computer tomorrow so ill be able to fill in my profile.

Ah, the curse of surfing the net on a phone. Likely will be the downfall of us all sooner or later.

Well, the way I see it, if you took the time to make a few posts from your phone, then you can take the time to fill out all of your profile.....and use proper punctuation marks where needed.

Thread Information