Just got orders to Okinawa - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh man did I love the grass ninjas over there. I couldn't believe how old some of those people were and still trucking. And word to the wise...Go and see the banana, but wouldn't recommend eating it. After you see WHO it came from you'll, get my drift.

Listen brother, Okinawa is one of the best duty stations in the Marine Corps. You willl train hard and play hard and it will be a great experience. That whole year I was there (2001-2002) was honestly one of the best years of my LIFE. I know it sounds dumb but it's true. SO many things happened to me during those years (Sept. 11th, getting put on the MEU) it really changed me. Not to mention the island is incredibly beautiful with some of the worlds best snorkeling and diving. Just stay out of trouble and like a lot of the guys have said already, it's all what you make it. If your into a little booze to wind down, check out Kinville right outside of Camp Hansen. Good times.

I was stationed in Oki (74-75) at Camp Foster & TAD to Futemna. The EM Club was good. It was the same style building as the barracks I lived in. I did a lot of snorkling around the Camp Courtney area. It was great. I was able to check out some of the old battlefields. Have a great time! Watch out for the JP's.

Eat The Banana! Eat The Banana!

The Rock was awesome.. take lots of pictures. beautiful place and not far to go to the coast. lol

mamasan will do all your laundry and press them all. pappason will shine your boots for you..

nothing but a good time in Oki.

The Rock is great

Best year I spent in the Corps.. Oki was a blast in 85 (what I can rember of it) was FAPPED to almost every base on the island. Originally PCS to 3rd maint Bn. 3rd ELMACO at Kinser...CSSD to Korea and some time in the PI,,,yeah ,,it was great.....suddenly want a San Miguel!!

Semper FI Baby

My two biggest regrets from my time on active duty were not chopping out to a MEU, and not getting a chance to see Okinawa. Maybe some day I'll get my chance.

Two tours on Okinawa, enjoyed both. I suggest you get a driver's license and a car to get the full experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gwamo1 View Post
    Eat The Banana! Eat The Banana!

And a few boiled eggs LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Balut anyone?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    Balut anyone?
    Ewww. I'd rather eat nouc mam.

boots are told three things

when you come to okinawa you will either

1)become a pt stud
    2)become an alcoholic
    3)become religious

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Gotta love them grass ninjas. Freakin 9 million degrees outside and 1 million percent humidity and they are wearing 3 layers of clothes. Spend all day mowing huge lawns with a weed eater. For lunch they all sit around and eat fish heads and rice. Never see em take a drink of water or even go use the bathroom..... just all day out there with a weed eater.

Quote Originally Posted by HOWARDROARK3043 View Post
    boots are told three things

when you come to okinawa you will either

1)become a pt stud
    2)become an alcoholic
    3)become religious
    You forgot "become a video gamer". Although come to think of it, a lot of people play video games when they're drunk, which is pretty much when they're not working.

Thread Information