New to the Community
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to the Community

Hello, My name is Daryl and i am new to this Community.
    I will be graduating Highschool on May 25th. I turn 17 on May 30th so therefore i have to wait until after i graduate to enlist into the Marines. Wich also means i havent been able to talk to my recruiter on a recruiting topic as that is illegal. So as far as my knowledge about joining the Marines it has soley come from breifly talking to my recruiter on a general subjects, talking to my brother wich is a Corporal of Marines and my 3 years in Marine Corps JROTC. Although i have been in JROTC for 3 yrs i find that i have nothing to boast about, for example, i will learn everything in Basic as intended to be learned, none of this, "ppsshh..I already know this attitude".

I will coninue this thread later as the bell is about to ring and i have to catch the bus. Sorry, but i will be back to finish up later..

LMAO -- oh, dear. Here we go.

And the Marine Corps has boot camp/recruit training, not basic. That's the Army.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks, Daryl, for the text message. Is that "i" as in lower case or "I" as in upper case? I think "I" is still the way to do it. LOL.
    Actually, thanks for introducing yourself, albeit very briefly. I'm sure that the membership will guide you as you become familiar with this website. (Please see WMarine's input.) Learn as you go. There is nothing like starting and moving forward toward your goal(s).
    All the best.
    Gary

OK sorry about that, i wanted to make the thread already before i left school.
    Anyways, i was thinking of trying to get the MOS 6176--Tiltrotor Crew Chief, MV-22. I was reading before i joined on a really informative post about being a crew chief and the training involved. And supposedly my recruiter says that if i go into the DEP i can get a specific job guaranteed before i go to basic.If that's true then that's what I'm going to shoot for.

Other than that nothing else really to know.. I'm a graduating junior.. And last PFT i did at competition was last Saturday which won us second place in state competition was:

Pull-Ups:18
    Sit-ups: 112
    Run: 1:55
    (a lap and a half around a highscool track wich was somewhere around 600 meters i think.)
    1.5mile:9:10

Again...

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    And the Marine Corps has boot camp/recruit training, not basic. That's the Army.

Time for Kims popcorn and Jims frog, but Lisa's all over it.

My apologies to everyone for me being so nit picky...it just irritates the crap out of me when someone calls Marine Corps boot camp basic twice after I pointed it out once already.

Now on with are regularly scheduled program...

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My apologies to everyone for me being so nit picky
    No, no, no, WMarine. It is better that the young man learns these lessons here and now but , frankly, I thought that he would have picked up on the difference because of his three years in Marine Corps JROTC.
    Thanks for your additional input MrDMercado. Please be sure to capitalize the letter I and, if you can, check your spelling, as in highscool.
    By the way, I am not a Marine but a father of one. Since you are just kind of "testing the waters" it might be a good idea for you to take some extra time to present your thoughts, double check your input...just in case. You never know who will be reading your input.
    Take care.
    Gary

My apologies to everyone for me being so nit picky...it just irritates the crap out of me when someone calls Marine Corps boot camp basic twice after I pointed it out once already.

And that's the basics of it all..............

No its fine. What WMarine said is true. I just need to pay more attention to what i write. That was my fault, I was out of line.

Welcome, Daryl. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have, but do pay attention as to how you are instructed/directed.

BTW - excellent MOS choice. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Welcome, Daryl. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have, but do pay attention as to how you are instructed/directed.

BTW - excellent MOS choice. Good Luck!
    I have always had an interest in the Aviation field of work. Being around planes or helicopters just gives me an amazing feeling. Having the privilege to work with something I enjoy being around would be awesome. My Brother(Corporal,USMC) had me look into the Air Force and for them a Crew Chief is just called an "Aerial Gunner" I believe. The Air Force just isn't my branch of service. I stick by the Marine Corps 100% of the way. The journey will not be as easy but it will be rewarding and well worth the effort.

If everything goes as I wish, My MOS of choice will be MOS 6176--Tilt rotor Crew Chief, MV-22. The CO of my JROTC Unit has already Enlisted into the DEP and has his ship date set for November 15th 2010 which should be my ship date if all goes well, or unless my recruiter can guarantee MOS 6176 with an earlier ship Date. I say the earlier the better, but the most important thing is getting the job I want on my contract before I leave anywhere.
    It makes me mad that i have to wait until May 30th to start doing paperwork. I would have already had my ASVAB test scores but the test proctors who did it at my school did it completely wrong and the whole test site was invalidated. The proctor ran out of scan trons and made the remainder of the students write our answers on a blank sheet of computer paper, which then later on his own time he moved our answers over to a scan tron and signed each persons name which is illegal and shows the reason everything was invalidated.They said he faced Federal charges and got OWNED by every branch of the military there administering the test and by his superiors If he transferred my answers correctly my entrance score was 74 which i herd isn't to bad.

I think I will not have any problems with enlisting or qualifying for things and passing medicals, the only thing against me is time. So for now all I can do is wait. Might give me enough time to max out my PT

P.S. Sorry in advance for any gramatical errors.

Patience, my dear. It'll all happen soon enough. In the meantime, looks like you may need to retake the ASVAB so do a little extra studying and work on your PT.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Maybe I can help you in my Grad book from 1969 it speaks of Marine Basic training therefore, the Corps at PI did call Marine Training Basic training get it you old FART !

Thread Information