Quality of life? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It took me a minute to remember where I had seen it.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...racks_052608w/

Them grunts are treated pretty good ya think?

There is another thread that shows the new type barracks that were built @ Horno.
    the title is Advantages of Marines over other services.

Man those are really nice barracks...hope they stay nice. I was at the "new" barracks in French Creek (like the second group to stay in them) back in 07 and they got trashed pretty quick. A lot of cheap construction materials were used and stuff was not surviving use by Marines. Still better than squadbays and the old asbestos-riddin barracks I've stayed at.

Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post
    Man those are really nice barracks...hope they stay nice. I was at the "new" barracks in French Creek (like the second group to stay in them) back in 07 and they got trashed pretty quick. A lot of cheap construction materials were used and stuff was not surviving use by Marines. Still better than squadbays and the old asbestos-riddin barracks I've stayed at.
    Yup I think it all started with Pensacola. WTF are they thinking when they put in dry wall in place of good ole' cinder block for Marines Barracks, especially the Grunts. Dry wall doesn't hold up near as good as Cinder block against a drunk fist.

PS I wonder how well the New Baracks in 2000 are holding up in Yuma?!?!?!

Those barracks seem nice. Hopefully they hold up and are standard for every base.

Miramar BEQ are great. They are like little hotel rooms, only without the art.

Is it two to a room?

[quote=Bulkyker;621903]I haven't tried the new ones but the fruit cake was the grossest thing there was in the old ones. I mean it was hideous. If you'd been in my unit you would have a stock pile a mile high of that crap.

__________________________________________________ ______________

They weren't that bad! And ya, I had a stockpile -- never had to worry about running out!

Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    You talking about SOS? (That's sh*t on a shingle for wannabees). I think there's 2 or 3 SOS recipes floating around here somewhere.

Here's one: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...hlight=shingle

Zulu36 had a pretty good one but I did not find it.

Breakfasts in the Corps were the best I've ever had. Eggs, hash browns, toast, bacon, sausage, blanketed by a couple of scoops of SOS. 100% pure fat and cholesterol. Mm-mm. Makes me hungry ever time the subject comes up.
    That is so awesome! Thank you! I can't wait to make it this weekend!

[quote=Supersquishy;622058] Dry wall doesn't hold up near as good as Cinder block against a drunk fist.
    quote]

Yeah, my cinderblock wall went up in flames right behind my secretary, Because of my neon Budweiser sign!!

The Corps treated me pretty good, like others say its what you make of it. If you go in with the notion that things suck, and you had it better on the outside, then yes it will suck. Trust me there are days after you get out that the Corps looks like a bed of roses compared to the stupid civilian crap you have to deal with after EAS'ing. Granted I have had my ups and downs in the Civie world, but I would say I have been blessed with more ups than downs. Trust me if I could go back to free medical, free meals, and getting to see cool spots in the world for free, you can bet your a$$ I would, but thats just the nature of the beast. Semper

Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post

The ones right at the corner of the light or the ones closer to the "parade deck" since they wouldn't let us PT on it anymore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ABrevik View Post
    The ones right at the corner of the light or the ones closer to the "parade deck" since they wouldn't let us PT on it anymore lol.
    I can't remember..I think they had green roofs...but I might be getting that mixed up with New River. As you are heading toward FC you pass that boot hang out club on the left and I think its the next barracks area on the right. When I was there they had Wounded Warriors staying diagonally across from us...I think the rear of the building had a smattering of trees.

Here's a pick, don't know if this helps...could be just about anywhere

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hussaf; 03-25-10 at 11:00 PM. Reason: add text

If there was a bricks on the right, then some of my former Marines lived on the first deck of the bricks in the picture.

I think all the females were on the first floor...or at least part of the first floor.

Thread Information