All Faith Lost in the Army...1st Sikh Officer
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

All Faith Lost in the Army...1st Sikh Officer

WOW, don't know what else to say. I hope to GOD this never flys in the Corps.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_army_sikh_soldier

Too late to edit...I want to throw out that I'm not against the religion in anyway! Just the fact that he doesn't have to shave and can wear that "thing" on his head...just amazing. Nothing against the religion or him personally!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    At least he's not gay!

Yep, the Corps is going full speed with muslim prayer rooms, the army had muslims working at gitmo who give up intel, the army had muslim officer doctors who openly slam troops to get them in trouble and then murder troops.

This is just another attempt to let 'others' in the military. Once in they will form groups and keep dragging America down.

The British had nothing but trouble with Indian officers. English Officers in the British Indian Army had be be paid A LOT more than British Army Officers to keep them a little honest. Indian race Officers in the same Army were paid a fortune compared to the private sector to keep them slightly honest, and for the most part they were restricted to company grade ranks.

Allowing an Indian racial culture in the US Army O ranks will lead straight to corruption like we have never seen before.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    But it still took all this time for those kick ass ghurka's Veterans of Her Queen's Service to get more rights.

for most of you vets who were in before 1984, they were in the Army when you served! the US had them in service since World War 1 and then made a policy that has effectively prevented Sikhs from enlisting since 1984. read up on the history! I don't see anything wrong with it!

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    Too late to edit...I want to throw out that I'm not against the religion in anyway! Just the fact that he doesn't have to shave and can wear that "thing" on his head...just amazing. Nothing against the religion or him personally!
    Alright I'll bite, if you don't have a probelm with the religion.....
    - Did you have a problem with the Navy allowing sailors to grow beards? That policy wasn't changed until the 80's.
    - Why would you have a problem with his head gear, all soldiers must wear headgear. It even states in the article that he is able to wear a kevlar over his turbine.

BTW this should be in the Hooch.

Okay, he's serving his country and being allowed to remain faithful to his religion at the same time. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    Alright I'll bite, if you don't have a probelm with the religion.....
    - Did you have a problem with the Navy allowing sailors to grow beards? That policy wasn't changed until the 80's.
    - Why would you have a problem with his head gear, all soldiers must wear headgear. It even states in the article that he is able to wear a kevlar over his turbine.

BTW this should be in the Hooch.
    I wasn't aware of the Navy situation. And I'm not against the religion, I'm against the fact that he can wear his little turbine and grow a full beard, where no one else can. This irritates me because the military is suppose to be about unity, that's why we Marines only have "US MARINES," rank, and last name on our cammies. We are the same...which is the way it should be.

I just don't understand how someone gets a "pass" on this.

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    I wasn't aware of the Navy situation. And I'm not against the religion, I'm against the fact that he can wear his little turbine and grow a full beard, where no one else can. This irritates me because the military is suppose to be about unity, that's why we Marines only have "US MARINES," rank, and last name on our cammies. We are the same...which is the way it should be.

I just don't understand how someone gets a "pass" on this.
    That's why this guy is in the Army, they tend to be way less stringent (sp). A little insight, this guy is what is called a direct commission officer. He went through a 5-6 week course on military courtesy and history and they gave him CPT bars, that's right he was automatically made a CPT because he is a dentist. These DC officers are the worst, they are given rank just because of their schooling, some Dr's walk in as 0-5's, yet have no idea what being in the military is really all about.
    A qiuck story, a couple of weeks ago I was the OIC for a ROTC field exercise. They had a DC CPT providing medical support. One morning me and my NCOIC were walking to the talk with our medic when he passed us and saluted me. I stopped and asked my E-7 "Did he just salute me?" So I turned around and walked up to him, he immediately came to attention as if I outranked him, I then asked him why he had saluted me. His answer, "To show you the proper respect." I then informed him that he outranked me, and that we were in the field and saluting was a no-no.

Complete and utter BULLSH*T! This is one of the many, many, reasons what is wrong with our military right now. Give me a fvcking break. The mans a dentist, good for him. Practice your teeth sh*t in the civi world with the beard and rag on your head. You want to be an officer?, then shave your fvcking face, take off the diaper and become an officer. I know a decient amount of Muslim's in the military that shave and don't wear that and still practice. Great guys and good at thier job. Why in the hell is this guy any different? I'm going to start a religion that I pray to Babe Ruth and say that all I can do is wear my baseball cap, carry a bat, and wear baseball cleats all the time. Should pass Army regs because it's my religion. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    A qiuck story, a couple of weeks ago I was the OIC for a ROTC field exercise. They had a DC CPT providing medical support. One morning me and my NCOIC were walking to the talk with our medic when he passed us and saluted me. I stopped and asked my E-7 "Did he just salute me?" So I turned around and walked up to him, he immediately came to attention as if I outranked him, I then asked him why he had saluted me. His answer, "To show you the proper respect." I then informed him that he outranked me, and that we were in the field and saluting was a no-no.
    He was taught to do that. The training staff at the direct commission courses require the new officers to salute them, even through in many cases the students outrank the instructor.
    (Actually, 75% of the students have been officers for years. Under some programs the student commissions as an O-1 when they start their medical/dental/PhD course, then jump to O-3 when they get the degree. They just don't go to a military course for years)
    Blame the training staff, not the student.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwarrior17 View Post
    I know a decient amount of Muslim's in the military that shave and don't wear that and still practice. Great guys and good at thier job. Why in the hell is this guy any different?
    Umm, maybe cause he ain't muslim?

Anyone here wear a Yarmulke in uniform? What gives this guy the right if he volunteered some of his rights away just like you and I did when we signed the dotted line to serve our country!

Quote Originally Posted by Garyius View Post
    He was taught to do that. The training staff at the direct commission courses require the new officers to salute them, even through in many cases the students outrank the instructor.
    (Actually, 75% of the students have been officers for years. Under some programs the student commissions as an O-1 when they start their medical/dental/PhD course, then jump to O-3 when they get the degree. They just don't go to a military course for years)
    Blame the training staff, not the student.
    OH I do blame the training, not the staff but the requiremnets for DC officers. I kind of understand the advanced rank thing (as a way to entice Dr.'s, nurses, etc who couldn't afford their school loans on 0-1 makes) But I don't agree with them not having to complete a tougher commissioning source, instead of the summer camp they currently attend.

Thread Information