PT in Bootcamp?
Create Post

Thread: PT in Bootcamp?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

PT in Bootcamp?

Hello Marines,

I just wanted to know what PT is like in boot camp. Do you do PT every day or just a few days a week? what is a regular PT session like?

Thank you for your answers!

LOL! You'll see why that is funny when you get into bootcamp. You actually don't do too much organized, traditional PT. But you'll do a lot of physical stuff. You need to improve your IST score, by the way...especially pull-ups and core workouts.

There is organized pt most days, but there is alot I say ALOT more unorganized PT to be done in the squadbays, and sandpits. How much of the latter you do depends on how well you and your platoon follow orders. Actually on second thought it doesn't matter how well you follow orders your DI's will find a reason to f*ck you up.

The fact that we used regular PT gear (shorts, etc) for organized PT made it somewhat welcomed. It was sure better than constantly double timing with a full field pack, helmet, rifle, etc.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    like the others said, formal PT is only a few days a week but your DI's will have their time with you ....I'll promise you that

If you are going to Boot Camp in the summer months don't sweat it. The Red Flag will be flying most of the time cancelling any physical activity including drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    The Red Flag will be flying most of the time cancelling any physical activity including drill.
    When I was in Parris Island in the summer of 03' the only time they cancelled PT or drill for us was when it was a black flag, if it was red we were outside PT'ing and drilling. When it was black flag we would PT in the squadbay in what our DI's affectionately named "The Slaughter House", or practice rifle drills for hours on end.

What's the worst thing all of you hated about boot camp? Everyone has a different opinion of this, for me I hated when we would go to the sandpit and take off our blouse and PT in the sand doing stuff like star jumpers where we would grab sand and when we jumped throw it in the air, also do low crawls, and after every slaying in the pit we would finish by lying down in the sand and make "sand angels" then get up put our blouse on and go drill on the parade deck. This thread just made me think of that, so I was curious what all of your opinions would be. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal2361 View Post
    When I was in Parris Island in the summer of 03' the only time they cancelled PT or drill for us was when it was a black flag, if it was red we were outside PT'ing and drilling. When it was black flag we would PT in the squadbay in what our DI's affectionately named "The Slaughter House", or practice rifle drills for hours on end.
    We would "make it rain" when there was a black flag out. Basically we would go inside, shut all the doors and windows...dawn the PT sweats (do they still issue those with the release of the track suit?) and commence to do vigorous physical activities until our sweat condensed on the ceilings and dripped back down on us.

Quote Originally Posted by hussaf View Post
    We would "make it rain" when there was a black flag out. Basically we would go inside, shut all the doors and windows...dawn the PT sweats (do they still issue those with the release of the track suit?) and commence to do vigorous physical activities until our sweat condensed on the ceilings and dripped back down on us.
    I am not sure, I was issued sweats in boot. Personally I don't like the running suit, it makes me think the Marine Corps is trying to win a beauty pagent or something.

I know what you mean about the sweat on the roof and all over the bulkheads, my DI's never had a name for it though.

Sweats are supposed to be issued, track suit is used in addition to sweats, not used as a replacement.

You get your track suit at the end of bootcamp.

Thread Information