Uniform Laws
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uniform Laws

Uniform Laws

Ok so Im at walmart and I see this civilian puke wearing digital woodland camis and I wanted to knock his block off. I confronted him politely and asked why he was wearing them. He didnt look to be a receint member of the marines, looked like a construction worker in his 40s. He said he was using them for paintball or some trash. I wanted to say its illegal to wear an active duty uniform thats still in service. Old ones I heard are fine and I even own a pair that my father wore during his time in. But back to the point, is it illegal to wear an active duty uniform if you arent active duty? Like impersonating a marine (soldier)?

I'm not sure but I would think that as long there are no patches, metals, pins, makings, etc. indicating a branch of service it is legal.

By the way Marine is always spelled with a capital M.

Last edited by Skosh59; 03-12-10 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Last time I checked, it's not illegal to wear the uniform, however it is illegal to CLAIM you are something you are not, in this case a Marine. So, anyone can wear any Marine Corps issued uniform they want, and not get in trouble. And Marines selling uniforms certainly don't help the cause...just yesterday someone posted the running suit for sale on another forum, for anyone to buy, it's a shame.

-Cody

Not illegal. Don't get all worked up over something you can't control. As long as he's not claiming to be a Marine/Soldier/Sailor/Coastie etc etc he's not doing a THING illegal.

I am in chicago and I saw a kid wearing the digi pattern,,,,i confronted him and he said they were it for ROTC ----i was yelling at the kid that Marines take pride and I was being nice to him,,,,,mind you this was a 6 foot tall kid and he had tears in his eyes,,,,this was also on a crowded train--------->>>he will make a good Marine ---the whole time he kept saying ..yes sir, yes sir

they do sell the camis without the EGA---which is lame but they do ...

ROTC is something completely different. They are authorized (though I don't support that) to wear our uniform. Stupid I know...I had an official Navy uniform when I was in Navy JROTC.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by linkzone View Post
    Ok so Im at walmart and I see this civilian puke wearing digital woodland camis and I wanted to knock his block off. I confronted him politely and asked why he was wearing them. He didnt look to be a receint member of the marines, looked like a construction worker in his 40s. He said he was using them for paintball or some trash. I wanted to say its illegal to wear an active duty uniform thats still in service. Old ones I heard are fine and I even own a pair that my father wore during his time in. But back to the point, is it illegal to wear an active duty uniform if you arent active duty? Like impersonating a marine (soldier)?
    Gonna be Billy Badass, huh? Civilians can do whatever they want with those uniforms as long as they are not using them in an official manner for gain or ill will. He wasn't out with the fake haircut telling folks that he had just killed 1000 Taliban with his bare hands, what's the big deal? Get over yourself.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWARDROARK3043 View Post
    I am in chicago and I saw a kid wearing the digi pattern,,,,i confronted him and he said they were it for ROTC ----i was yelling at the kid that Marines take pride and I was being nice to him,,,,,mind you this was a 6 foot tall kid and he had tears in his eyes,,,,this was also on a crowded train--------->>>he will make a good Marine ---the whole time he kept saying ..yes sir, yes sir

Great, you and the OP need to get together and be Billy Badass together.

Quote Originally Posted by HOWARDROARK3043 View Post

Shut your fat mouth, poser.

Just wearing the uniform alone is not illegal. I've seen a civilian at airsoft games wearing ACU's with a special forces patch on the shoulders and jump wings insignia plus name tapes. I asked him if he was ever a soldier before and he said no. He wasn't even embarrassed about it.

Go to S-1 and have the S-1 Chief dig up the MCO. He will gladly give you a copy of it so you can carry it around and every time you see someone doing their thing you can show them the order.

I see the new camies at the local hunting stores. My only problem would be seeing one with the EGA.
    And, NO.. my sons do NOT wear anything of mine that has the EGA (Old uniform or not), for paintball.
    You want to wear it, EARN IT. One son is at Parris Island as we speak (T-17). He is earning it the right way....

I'm a vet. I was discharged in 1966. I feel I earned the right to be called a Marine. I'm proud of that accomplishment in my life and hold it in high esteem even today. If I want to put on a Marine Corps uniform I would probably do it, not really caring what some of the boots on this page have to say about it.

While I thank them for their service I respectfully ask them to get a life and stay out of mine.

I never saw any digital cammies, we wore the old kind in the Nam.

I wear my digis deer hunting every year. I don't know if I am supposed to take the name tapes off or not. I don't see why I would. I earned them.

Thread Information