Question about the recruitment process
Create Post

Question about the recruitment process

I was dep'd in at the age of 17. My parents had to sign for me and I convinced them to do so. My brother was in Iraq at the time and had experienced some things that had him worried that I too might be killed in Iraq. So my brother pleaded with me not to join. I told my recruiter that my brother had asked me to hold off until he was out of the Marine Corps and I could not go against my brothers wishes, but that I would consider joining in the future once he was out. I exited the DEP and went to school at a local college. Here I am four years later and I am extremely interested in joining the Marines now that my brother is out. I talked to a recruiter at a local substation and the recruiter informed me that sometimes when this situation happens a recruiter records why this poolee did not go through with the process and can actually record whether or not to accept this person for the 2nd time around. The recruiter was supposed to call the MEPs office and find out some information and return my call today, which he did not do. I am a little worried that something has gone wrong and that I will not be able to join. Can someone with recruitment knowledge clarify whether or not this is actually true or if this recruiter is feeding me some b/s. Thank you

Contact the recruiter again, in person this time. Let us know the outcome.

Why do you think they don't want you now? After they spent a long time and did a lot of paperwork to get you into the DEP before, don't you think they would be weary to waste their time again? If you were in the DEP before and backed out (for whatever reason) do you honestly think they're gonna go out of their way to enlist you again? Not in today's Marine Corps son.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Contact the recruiter again, in person this time. Let us know the outcome.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You better hope your recruiter really likes you and is willing to do whats needs to be done for you to enlist. My recruiter told me that yes you can pull out in the DEP but if you wanted to enlist after that he would really have to "pull some strings". Do you have 4-yr degree now? I'm not sure if that well help but I would think so.

Credits
    Savings
    Just go see a recruiter in person. Explain just as you did on here. Good luck...and let us know what happenes with this situation...

Thread Information