What's The Worst/Dumbest Thing You Got Your A-- Chewed For??? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lol...Priceless

I like these "ass chewings," from your other thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGn2FL4UJtg

I haven't really been on the recieving end of a lot of a$$ chewings, but the dumbest one happend my first day in the fleet. I was getting hit pretty hard with a lot of info from my fireteam leader, who was a Cpl, about our upcoming deployment to the sand box in less than 2 months. Well this other Cpl thought it would be funny for me to tell my team leader to f*** off. My response was always, "no Cpl, I can't do that", so he kept on. After about 45 min of this carrying on, the other Cpl said he wouldn't let my team leader chew my a$$. Well I got to thinking that this wouldn't be such a bad idea, like an idiot. Finally, I broke down and told my team leader to f*** off, thinking that the other Cpl would step in and take up for me. Holy sh*t was I wrong! Both Cpl's took me outside and killed me for about 30 min. Then I had to go report in to my Sgt, and tell him what I did. My first night in the platoon was pretty long to say the least.

I was still a LCpl but I was on duty at our barracks on Lejeune. I had stood my watch and it was my time to rack out. So, I am in my room, shades closed on my rack with my boots on, feet hanging off the rack on my chair. No boots on in the rack yanno?

Anyways, it is formation time and out Plt Sgt is walking the barracks making sure they are clear. Comes upon my room with the shades closed and just walks right in. He sees me in the rack with my boots on and grabs me and shakes me awake screaming like all hell. Well, I was alseep... and I ended up taking a swing at him and decking him. Flat on his @$$. He went BALLISTIC.

He had no idea that I was on duty. I told him the situatio but he ran me up on charges anyways. They got dropped by our CO when it was explained that I was DNCO and it was my turn to sleep. So, I was in the right as far as being asleep was concerned and not being in formation.
    (I still got reamed for boots on in rack though.)
    They also dropped the assault charge because I was asleep when it happened, and I awoke so suddenly with such fury that my CO told me he was impressed and I reacted properly and that SSgt should know better than to shake a Marine awake like that and "What did he expect to happen?"

LOL

****ed that SSgt off to no end. I ended up getting promoted to Cpl shortly after that.

While in Quantico, I had just picked up Sergeant and I guess I wanted to show everyone what a badass WM I was. I then got assigned as Deck NCO so on the first Friday morning for inspection, there was one room with 2 LCpls in it that was completely trashed -- absolute pigsty so I got a small chewing from the 1stSgt for that.

Well, one of the LCpls was a well-known sh!tb!rd, so I, eh hem, "assumed" it was him and proceeded to rip him a new orafice. Well....turns out it was the other Marine who decided he wasn't going to be ready for inspection.

My Gunny (an 03 in a B billet) lliterally ripped me a new one! -- jumping to conclusions, assumptions, abuse of rank, disrepectful regardless of rank, you name, I got it. I felt like a total ass. I soon apologized to the young man, but it was certainly a lesson I never forgot.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GSEMarine94 View Post
    Remembered another incident I was involved in. My wife had just gotten all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Well she is of Irish ancestry so she of course had bruises all over her face from the surgery. That Sat we are in the commisary on Lejuene and along comes my OIC. That following Monday Morning I am ordered to his office where he begins chewing my ass for being a wife beater and he plans on sending me to the brig. The ass chewing gets bad enough that he gets up and pulls my chevrons off and throws them on the floor. My wife ended up coming in and showing him where she had her teeth pulled before he would believe me.

Obviously he didn't know Irish women either. If you had smacked her, you would have had matching bruises (and maybe more besides).

Quote Originally Posted by 390 Mach I View Post
    I was still a LCpl but I was on duty at our barracks on Lejeune. I had stood my watch and it was my time to rack out. So, I am in my room, shades closed on my rack with my boots on, feet hanging off the rack on my chair. No boots on in the rack yanno?

Anyways, it is formation time and out Plt Sgt is walking the barracks making sure they are clear. Comes upon my room with the shades closed and just walks right in. He sees me in the rack with my boots on and grabs me and shakes me awake screaming like all hell. Well, I was alseep... and I ended up taking a swing at him and decking him. Flat on his @$$. He went BALLISTIC.

He had no idea that I was on duty. I told him the situatio but he ran me up on charges anyways. They got dropped by our CO when it was explained that I was DNCO and it was my turn to sleep. So, I was in the right as far as being asleep was concerned and not being in formation.
    (I still got reamed for boots on in rack though.)
    They also dropped the assault charge because I was asleep when it happened, and I awoke so suddenly with such fury that my CO told me he was impressed and I reacted properly and that SSgt should know better than to shake a Marine awake like that and "What did he expect to happen?"

LOL

****ed that SSgt off to no end. I ended up getting promoted to Cpl shortly after that.
    This reminds me of one when I was at SOI. The guard platoon was across deck from us at the time. Basically these were young Marines who got to SOI before pick up or something along those lines and were pulling guard duty. Anyway, this particular night was quiet, everyone is sleeping peacefully except for firewatch, obviously. So firewatch is standing there, probably drousy and not wanting to be awake and one of the other Marines walks over to him, fully dressed, to releave him. Firewatch is a little confused because its WAY too early, but hell if he's not going to take advantage and get some shut eye, so he proceeds to rack out.

Fast foward about an hour, DNCO starts going friggin' ballistic! Lights come on, everybody out, he's screaming and throwing things like a Drill Instructor. Why? There's no firewatch on duty. Nobody knows where he is or what happened. DNCO is demanding to know who is supposed to be on firewatch, nobody answers. Obviously, he ain't happy. So he checks to book to see who's supposed to be on firewatch and lays into him. He explains that he was releaved early by the other Marine, the other Marine denies it.

It was a full night of a** chewing, but in the end, it turns out that the second Marine sleep walks. In his sleep, he woke up, got dressed and releaved the firewatch, stood his post for probably about 10 minutes and then went back to bed. Opps.

Oh, and yes, he was Ad Sep'd.

I had surgery to repair the bad scarring on my tracheotomy sight (the scar tissue had grown attached to my adams apple and made it near impossible to swallow.)

Well i got it on a monday, and was back at base later that day, but my convalescent leave had not been approved for wahtever ****ing reason. My section leader says go sleep, stay in civvies, we'll get it figured out. I go, close my blinds, and rack the **** out.

I couldnt have been asleep for more then five minutes when my window and door start getting pounded on. I open it to see my platoon sgt and another section leader out there. They demand to know why im in civies and sleeping. I explain to them my situation, point out the 15 stitches poking out of my neck, using hand signs and what raspy voice i could muster.

They dont give a ****, my convo leave was not approved yet, so i need to be in cammies and get the **** down to the formation being held in 10 minutes.

Well, i go down to this formation, and start feeling like im passing out, so i fall to the back of formation in the middle of the first sgts libbo brief. This is not taken well by anyone higher ranking then me. First Sgt calls me out, because he sees me stumble to the back, assuming i am drunk or something. SO he tears me a new ******* in front of everyone.

He apologized to me after the fact, but at the time i was ready to murder a mofo.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The barracks in Millington was right beside the Squid Pen. First thing we were told was we had better not get caught on the other side of the sidewalk. What's the first thing a child does when you tell him NOT to do something?

Needless to say, me and a couple other WM's were not only on the other side of the sidewalk but one of us was 1/2 way through the window on the first floor. One of the firewatch's had gone inside and snitched on us. Next thing I know I hear our Deck NCO "GREEN! You know you're not supposed to be over there! Ya'll better get your a$$e$ in the barracks N O W!!!!!"

She made us sweat it out too. She didn't tell us for days what our punishment was going to be. Finally one Saturday morning she handed us razor blades and made us scrape wax along the floor in the barracks, strip it, wax it again and make it shine so good you could see your reflection in it. SHE thought it was punishment, WE thought we got off pretty damned easy. I almost asked "is that all?" but I knew enough to keep my pie hole shut.

Getting chewed up by the CO Gunny for carrying around my SRB when the IPAC outbound Marines told me it was alright until I completed my PCS worksheet. I think that gunny is honestly stupid...

[quote=Marine84;616668]The barracks in Millington was right beside the Squid Pen. First thing we were told was we had better not get caught on the other side of the sidewalk. What's the first thing a child does when you tell him NOT to do something?

Needless to say, me and a couple other WM's were not only on the other side of the sidewalk but one of us was 1/2 way through the window on the first floor. quote]

Just couldn't resist a man in dungarees could ya? lol

Two of my Marines and myself were chewed and had a written counseling done for being 10 minutes early to a formation vice 15. I took the blame, naturally, since I was in charge of my shop (LCpl at the time). To this day, they laugh about that counseling, as well as I.

Lack of attention !!

I was working as Col. Martins radioman. We were watching Easy Co., taking another damned ridge. There was one of our tanks, sitting there, as back-up for the troops. Every now and then , they'd swing their turret, and take out a hard site. The Col, and his staff, sat on the ground on the sheltered side of the tank. I was standing out in the open, Giving them a blow by blow account of our peoples progress. I wasn't paying any attention to anything else, until the Col. called out to me, telling me to, "Get the hell behind the tank!" I looked around me, and saw dirt and rocks flying, and I heard that angry bee-buzzing that ricochets make. Somebody up on that ridge, didn't like me! I stepped behind the tank, out of the line of fire, and the the Col. said, " Ken, if you want to get shot, go ahead, but leave the radio here. You never know when I might need it." Now that was embarrassing!! S/F!!! Ken

I found a WWII hand grenade, with missing fuse, in the jungle on Okinawa and brought it back to the barracks. I eventually turned it in to EOD, a Gunny, who ripped me good. Then the battery gunny had his turn with me too. The conversation started like this "Simpson, what are you doing with a bomb in your wall locker?"

Thread Information