What's The Worst/Dumbest Thing You Got Your A-- Chewed For???
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What's The Worst/Dumbest Thing You Got Your A-- Chewed For???

I honestly didn't get chewed out very often. I think the worst thing was probably getting chewed out for wearing my cell phone on my MCMAP belt under my blouse, lol. I know...completely stupid. All I could say was..."Roger that Gunny" with a dumbfounded look on my face.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When I was a young Cpl the average grunt had two ribbons ... a SSDR and a Good Conduct. I got reemed by Sgt Maj Kellog for having them on upside down ie the SSDR was inboard. He nailed 2 or 3 of us at a parade practice. It was quite the ass chewing too.

Upside down? Lol...did you put your ribbons on while you were wearing your uniform or something?? I can imagine a SgtMaj chewing ass. I heard sometimes stories from Marines in Okie about a time when they had Japanese nationals visiting the island. All the Marines were given word to be on their best behavior. As always, some sh*tbird didn't follow instructions...got drunk...hit and killed an Okinawan. Subsequently, there was was an all hands formation called for the Battalion by the Base General. The General, apparently, made Lt.Col stand at attention while he chewed his ass in front of his entire battalion!!!! We all know sh*t rolls down hill...so you can guess what happened after the General left. I would have loved to see that Lt.Col get his ass chewed...would NOT have wanted to be apart of the games that battalion played afterward, lol.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sgt Major Kellog actually liked Corporals and when we would get a break he would walk around and talk to Marines. He only wore one ribbon. Not too hard to do with only two ribbons to get them reversed from lack of attention to detail. The worst part of the whole ass chewing was when he asked who my Sgt was .... gulp uhhh umm ahh ohh.

We were at a Cobra Gold in Thailand and on the afternoon/evening shift. It was a small crew because it was during the training portion. Me, another lance who was on his second year overseas, some corporal was the crew chief, but he had just come over and had done all his field time on CAXes--which back then were scripted to the max--and one 1st Lt who, looking back, I realize was given the job because he was a ring knocker and they were hoping he could lead.

Out of the blue we have the air wing commander col and the LtCol in charge of air command and control chewing our asses--me and the other LCpl. Really ripping us.

After a few minutes we figure out they are yelling at us for clearing a flight of jets under a Thai para drop. Only we didn't.

Big threats, going to get court martialed, going to prison.

Back then the DASC was trying out a Det concept, two Dets per squadron. Each det had an MSgt or MasterGuns as NCOIC. Ours came along and knew something was wrong from our weak denials of doing something wrong. He ran it down, and all the way back to the flying squadron.

It was the ring knocker, and he hadn't even logged the flight, even off the frag. Thank god he had an accent.

No charges for him, but they waited until he got the clap and gave him a letter for that so he would have to get out as soon as his obligated service was over.

Lol, sometimes Boot Loots are worse than Privates...smh.

When i was first got to wounded warrior at balboa, i was being checked in with the assistance of a LCpl who had severe nerve damage to his right arm from 2 seperate grenade blasts, he was getting out that week and he wore a sleeve on his arm, encouraging blood flow or something.

I was in my neck brace and my right arm was dangling limply by my side, i was unable to move it above the elbow as it was still healing from the nerve damage i sustained in the wreck.

We walked by an ensign, and both gave him the greeting, but neither of us saluted, do to our injuries, this caused him to poop his pampers.

We got an ass chewing for a few moments, till the LCpl showing me around, stopped him and lost his mind on him. It was fun to witness an e-3 lock on an 0-1.

Lmao...the Navy just love to try and fu*k with Marines, especially on ship. The Navy Chiefs are especially bad. They do all types of silly stuff like try to purposely cut through our formations or whatever.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Speaking of salutes ....

I got roped into drawing someone elses rifles from the armory. I think it was the platoon Sgt and the guide. Anyway I'm shuffling from the armory carrying 3 rifles and 3 bayonets and encountered my company commander. I gave him the most pathetic 3 bayonet in hand rifles on each shoulder rifle salute you have ever seen in your life. It was like 0430 in the morning. This captain lost his freakin mind. Then I made the mistake of looking at my watch while he was chewing me out. Holy cow you'd thought I had shot the pope or something. I'm suprised the guy didn't have a stroke.

Lmao @ looking at watch

In boot camp i got ripped for drawing sharp teeth on the H of my vampire Honcho paper cover while working the chow hall. The drill Instructer made me eat the cover. funny thing was that paper hat was the best meal I had in a while

You must've went to boot a little bit before I did because half way through my cycle they switched over to civilians in the chow hall. Maybe that was a good thing, lol.

I recall a couple of times I got chewed out for what I thought were ridiculous things.The first time was when I was in boot camp and I was making my way back to the barracks after going to the dentist to have a tooth filled.I had a mouth full of Novocaine and happened to run into a Lieutenant and I saluted him and said good morning thir! He went ballistic on me and said "thir? thir? want the f**k is that? Are you a spaz? Is that how you speak to an officer?" I obviously couldn't speak and I had a hell of a time trying to explain to him that I had just come from the dentist and had a mouth full of Novocaine.

The second time occurred when I was stationed on Camp Hansen in Okinawa.I was on fire watch and a number of guys burned incense to keep the mosquitoes away during the night,which is pretty common.The O.D. on this particular night happened to be my platoon officer and he came into the barracks and he wondered what that smell was and I told him it was incense.He began to chew me out for the next ten minutes or so that incense is against regulations because it's a fire hazard.He then ordered me to stand duty along with the fire watch the following night as a incense burning control N.C.O.The following day he gave me a log book that I had to fill out every hour on the incense control situation.That night I was standing watch with the fire watch and the O.D. walks into the barracks and says " Who the hell are you?" I told him I was the incense burning control N.C.O. He looked at me kind of funny and realized that my Lieutenant was just f***ing with me and he told me to hit the rack.We continued to burn incense in the barracks afterward.

I was licensed HMMWV driver while in Fallujah and had to participate in the HMMWV course as the trainer/verifier. I was a Lance Coolie at the time and I was riding with my Cpl and Sgt who were the students. Well, I had this really crazy Sgt who liked to have fun, and since he was proficient at driving, I let him do his thing. We had an awesome time! The course was all dirt road; we were speeding, fish-tailing, riding the side of the berm, and even went airborne at one point.... we really pushed the HMMWV to its limits. Once we stopped, I got the worst ass-chewing of my life. Me and my Sgt got pulled out of the vehicle by some very p!ssed off NCO's who were riding in a vehicle behind us. I got it worse since I was the licensed driver, but my Sgt stepped in and tried to take the blame since he was the driver. They almost kicked us both out of the course... thank God they let us stay, I would've come back to a very angry MSgt.

It was the most fun I had in Iraq.

SO, my friend graduates from PI, of course myself and a bunch of friends want to see this so we drive down from Mass. One 700 dollar ticket and about a dozen hours later we are in the land that god forgot. Being an infantry reservist and not use to wearing charlies, I pin on the seven or so ribbons from deployment double and triple check the guild book for Marines and thrown on my tie....yes my tie in charlies. just before the Iwo statue I get the "Hey Marine!" from a pair of Corporals ( I was a lance at the time). They both had two ribbons and one of them is running up one side of me down the other. He then throws out the line "Did you just get out of boot camp yesterday?!" The Corporal next to him stops him, and literally points to my ribbons, naming them off. After naming them and effectively shutting the other Corporal up as well as making me smile, he chuckles a little takes my tie off and tells to me have a good day with my family.

Thread Information