To The Grunts... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In the end we are all Marines regardless of our MOS's. Welcome aboard....

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    In the end we are all Marines regardless of our MOS's. Welcome aboard....
    x2

I honestly never (directly) worked with POGs until my 3rd deployment to Afghanistan, where we had a red patcher attached to us (we were out in the boondocks & needed him to LST stuff when it got helo'd in). He was one hell of a Marine & i consider him one of my best friends. One thing he did was show up a lot of my fellow grunts (im sorry to say). he always carried the ECMs, & one time patrolled up to a Brit FOB with an ECM, a 240, his m4, & a box of 7.62 ammo (plus his 3 days worth of food, water, & sleeping bag). Like i said, one hell of a Marine.

YUT !!! SF !

Lol...thanks for the heads up.

Credits
    Savings

Welcome home...

Fixing radios huh...I think having working communication equipment is quite important to a Marine just as bullets and a working weapon, it's all part of the mission...without support us Grunt's are screwed. Welcome Sgt.

Semper Fi

Welcome aboard Marine ... Semper Fi!!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtBoyed View Post
    ...I am not really into the whole POG vs. Grunt thing, but I can understand why you guys don't like POGs. I, myself, am a POG...I'm a former Sparkchaser formally known as a 2881, I basically fixed crypto gear and performed micro-miniature repair on circuit cards. I've never been in combat.

I deployed with the MEU and the only missions I participated in were the Hurricane Katrina Recovery and a non-combatant evacuation of Americans out of Beirut in 2006. I've never done a patrol or engaged in a firefight. I had my times in garrison and I had my share of ****ty times doing workups. I think all Marines, for the most part, experience their ****ty times at one point or another. Anyway, all I wanted to say with this post is that as a POG, I respect what you guys do. You have to put up with a lot of things that I didn't have to because it wasn't part of my job description. You guys are definitely the tip of the spear and as a fellow Marine, I was honored to support you by doing the best I could, even if it was just fixing radios and a doing non-combatant evac mission. This is my first post and just wanted to start of with a good note.

Sgt. Boyed
    Semper Fi.
    Semper FI brother, we appreciate you to.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I was a grunt, because thats what I was good at. You do what your good at. But were all Marines! Welcome.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Aboard Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    [IMG]http://******************/comics/2010-03-05-Strip%2018_The_Difference_1_web.jpg[/IMG]

LMFAO !!! Exactly !

Lmao, that's such Bullsh*t. A pizza in each barracks room? lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dang it I thought all this time that the maids left chocolates on your pillow after they finished cleaning your room. I wasn't taking a poke at pogues but found that picture to be pretty funny and somewhat accurate.

Nah...they only left chocolates on our pillows if aced our J.O.B.s

LOL great picture. When we aced our J.O.B.s we got a 20 mile hump...I wish I would've gotten chocolates

Thread Information