yellow foot prints
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

yellow foot prints

have the yellow foot prints always been a symbol for the Marines and a starting point for new recruits? I was told by a Marine he did not remember standing on them when he reported to boot camp in the early 60's

they sure didnt have them back in the 50's heck we got off the bus by the old provest marshall bldg an a cpl of the guard marchend us to casual co in the old H&S bn for the nite

No yellow foot prints when I arrived on 20 FEB 56.

they were there in 74 I stood on them.

I Am Really Interested In The History Of Tghe Yellow Foot Prints. Would You Believe The Years That I Was On The Green Side I Never Ever Thought About Asking. Thank You.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

No Yellow Foot Prints in 1953.

They were there in June of 1966 when I returned for Drill Instructor School.

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Good evening Marines. JFK was photographed on them in 60 or 61. I believe they were put where they are now in 1960, and were first put in place in 59'

We bypassed the yellow footprints at receiving on July 04, 2001, due to lightning within five and a torrential downpour.

Quote Originally Posted by sgthebert View Post
    they were there in 74 I stood on them.
    I was there in 74 also, the yellow foot prints were there, Never Forget, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They were there in 1969

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Pretty much a 10 second blur in my memory banks. I know they were there and we stood on them after we got off the bus but it aint like the movies. We all were hustled in to get haircuts etc within a heartbeat of standing on the famous yellow footprints.

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    20090330 we stood there for about 5 minutes being told that we would say Sir, Ma'am ect... we went through the EGA doors, and sat in those stupid metal chair/desks for about 20 minutes...ect...and went through the process...it took us a good hour before actually got haircuts and got our first issue uniforms

Stood on them at PI in 75. Stood on them again at SD in 81 while in transit from a CAX while spending the night in the receiving barracks.

there in 75 at least for the 30 seconds i was on em

Quote Originally Posted by SmithAdrian View Post
    Good evening Marines. JFK was photographed on them in 60 or 61. I believe they were put where they are now in 1960, and were first put in place in 59'
    Any Idea how to find the photo? I did several google searches and came up empty.
    Also would the date be the same for both MCRD PI and MCRD SD

Thread Information