yellow foot prints - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Here's a pic I found of JFK at MCRDSD taken 6 June 1963. Obviously, he's not on the yellow footprints.

JFK served in the Navy from 1941-1945 and was President from 1961 -1963. If there's a pic of him at MCRDPI, it has to be between 1961-1963.

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I got the info of the picture from a GySgt on yellowfootprints <website name under the forum history of the yellow footprints.

He could be wrong, after rereading my post (which I didn't do when I was writing and editing it) it does look like I was speaking from personal knowledge and deleted the part when I got it from. My Apologies Marines. I'm pushing for that as soon as i finish posting this.

They wern't there in sept 1965. When we where shouted of the bus at Parris Island, the D I's kept yelling ******* to belly button. Most of us stood there wondering what in the hell they were talking about. That might be why they new have those yellow foot prints.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Never forget them I stood on them in July 1968 standing at attention with my fingers swelling while I thought to myself what the hell have I done!!! After boot camp I know its the BEST thing I've ever done in my life.
    Proud to be a Marine
    Semper Fi Redman

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I stood on them in July 1968 while thinking what the hell have I done??? Then after boot camp I know its the best thing I have ever done in my life. I am very proud to be a U. S. Marine.
    Semper Fi Redman

remeber being on them, not to long on them remeber those metal chairs,every thing else a blur, what i do remeber though how hot it was and the steam pipes, as we where march to a barracks for the first time
    that was may 1990

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Marine Corps Recruit Depot Paris Island still has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cudadad View Post
    have the yellow foot prints always been a symbol for the Marines and a starting point for new recruits? I was told by a Marine he did not remember standing on them when he reported to boot camp in the early 60's

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I stood on them at Parris Island in 1977.

Four rows of 15 sets of yellow footprints painted with heels together at a 45-degree angle lie just outside the Receiving Barracks Company.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Ahhh the famous yellow footprints! i will NEVER forget those few minutes of my life...and the passing through those hatches that you only walk through ONCE in your life! What an experience that was. Wish I could go back to boot camp all over again...

Stood on them 4Aug67 and again 17May2007

There are yellow footprints all over the military that I've seen. Other branches as well...medical, any building where some kind of processing/herding regularly takes place.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    stood on the in feb 69....DIs walked back and forth explanin how to stand at attention
    everyone looking around till DIs grabed one boot by the long hair...ran him head first into a billet then asked him if he liked eye fu**** the airea....bout that time everyone learnd how to stand at attention real quick

Yep, in 75 I was on them, it was funny how we all tried to fit perfectly into them like it was the most important thing we had to do... I guess it was now that I think of it

Taken on Family Day, Jan. 14 of this year. I had to really push for my son to stand on them one last time. He kept saying it would bring him bad luck!

Thread Information