29 Palms
Create Post

Thread: 29 Palms

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

29 Palms

My son just finished his MOS and is now at 29 Palms. Can I visit my son on the base there and what is the procedure?

Yes you can. When you get there have him waiting at the main gate. You will have to go into the visitors center and he will have to "sponser" you on. Then you get a temp pass to get on base and you are good to go!

Credits
    Savings
    I appreciate the reply. I assume that my being able to see him on the base is contingent on his CO and what his CO has him doing.

He does not need to be present, you can go into the visitors center and give him a call, he will verify with the Marine issuing the pass that he is real, and you will get the pass, done this a number of times with my parents.

Go to http://www.29palms.usmc.mil/visit/lo...modations.html for info on hotels in the surrounding area.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks, I was thinking more in the way of making plans and setting a day to see him. I figured I just couldn't plan on my son being able just to "drop everything" to see me if there is a conflict with his duties there given to him by his CO. Would he have to have get leave in order to be able to see me and spend time with his dad on the base?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Contact your son and ask him when he has liberty. That would be a good starting point.

Thread Information