Just curious - boot camp in the winter (PI)...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Just curious - boot camp in the winter (PI)...

I know if it's particularly cold or drizzly come graduation, the ceremony is held inside instead of out. I was just curious do they still do the motivational run? Or is that the day before? I know this isn't a question of importance, I was just really curious how it all goes down when the weather's bad for graduation/family day. Thanks, Marines.

The moto run is the day before graduation. It will probably have to have lightning out for them to cancel it.

Yes, they'll still have it. it was windy and wet the day i graduated, so my ceremony was indoors, but the moto run went right on scedule, lol

Credits
    Savings
    You're going to be a Marine and you are worried about it being cold and drizzling? OK, that's a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    You're going to be a Marine and you are worried about it being cold and drizzling? OK, that's a new one.
    I'm a Marine and although I wouldn't say I'd be worried about it I still don't LIKE it. I don't think it makes you any more of a Marine to enjoy crappy weather. Haha.

Thanks for the answers, Marines, glad to hear it still goes ahead! All due respect though, TJR1070, I was just curious as to whether the motivational run still takes place in cold weather seeing as they have the graduation ceremony inside if it's cold. I couldn't care less whether I go to boot camp in the summer, winter, spring or fall, just as long as I'm there embracing the opportunity! Thanks again,

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    they have the graduation ceremony inside if it's cold.
    For the families...not the newly minted Marines.

While in a training status inclement weather....heat(black flag),storms(hurricanes) lightning will just move the training inside the squad bay on a lock down.

Depending on the weather in the fleet in is unit and command discretion on what happens with training and field exercises....

In the FMF.....training went as scheduled unless a hurricane watch or cyclone and now the Tsunami's.

It's a matter of safety....liability and good old common sense.....

But the show must go on!

Credits
    Savings
    Tin, I agree I don't think anyone likes it, but it was never what I was concerned about.

Wannabe you will do all your training out in the weather, no matter what the weather. The only reason they have graduation indoors is to make your family more comfortable. I went to P.I. in Dec. '88 and the week we spent in the field at BWT was cold and miserable, but I never worried about that. I was worried about doing what I was told to do, when I was told to do it. Focus on your knowledge and physical fitness before you ship to the toughest recruit training in the world, instead of the weather.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe1993 View Post
    I couldn't care less whether I go to boot camp in the summer, winter, spring or fall.
    Parris Island 1977- June, July, August. 120 Degrees in the Shade and 100% Humidity.

Now that's MOTO...

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Parris Island 1977- June, July, August. 120 Degrees in the Shade and 100% Humidity.

Now that's MOTO...

Semper Fi,
    Rocky
    Rocky, you're such a boot. I was a Sergeant at Camp Pendleton then with six-years in.

Come to think of it, it was pretty warm there too. Must have been the Santa Ana winds. Either that or Global Warming, Part One

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Rocky, you're such a boot. I was a Sergeant at Camp Pendleton then with six-years in.

Come to think of it, it was pretty warm there too. Must have been the Santa Ana winds. Either that or Global Warming, Part One
    So you were just an old buck?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    So you were just an old buck?
    Something like that. I damned sure am now.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Summer,,, 1969,,, chrome domes,,,, humidity you could swim in,,,,deer flies leaving blood streaks,,,rain showers every day at 2,,,, hot sand,,,,, soaking wet squadbay floor,,,,,,,more mosquitos while you slept,,,,,,,,, What was winter like? I would like to know.

Credits
    Savings
    Ummm........ chilly.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Summer,,, 1969,,, chrome domes,,,, humidity you could swim in,,,,deer flies leaving blood streaks,,,rain showers every day at 2,,,, hot sand,,,,, soaking wet squadbay floor,,,,,,,more mosquitos while you slept,,,,,,,,, What was winter like? I would like to know.

Got you at least partly ready for the Nam, tho. The weather part.

Thread Information