Did you ever serve with someone famous either then or now.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did you ever serve with someone famous either then or now.

My squad leader at P.I. was James K.Campbell.He told us he was a actor in some off broadway shows before he enlisted.I sort of remember him saying he joined because a friend of his was killed in Nam.But his Bio says something different.
    His Hollywood name is J.Kenneth Campbell

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0132517/bio

Last edited by HereandThere; 02-27-10 at 10:44 PM. Reason: grammar

Credits
    Savings
    Interesting question, but my opinion is that one unknown Marine is worth all the famous people in the world, especially the entertainer's.

When I was in Desert Shield/ Desert Storm...I had a friend who was in an Airwing unit.....VMA-542, which was a Harrier Squadron at the time. I have no idea what it is now...but when I would see my friend,(and soon to be brother in law), we would go running alot down there in the heat at Shaik Isa Airbase in Bahrain. Well in his unit there was this tall, lanky looking quiet "Norman Bates" looking Marine telling us he was Demi Moore's brother. We believed him of course because other Marines had seen her and Bruce Willis come to Cherrypoint to visit him a few times before they left.

So after we got back....wow....Bruce and Demi through a huge party for all the Marines who wanted to join.....and of course me and some friends were there....I was just there for the free booze and food....but Bruce did come up and offer me a few shots of tequila.....he's shorter than I thought he was after seeing a few of his movies...lol....never did talk with Demi though....but thats cool...I didn't worship neither one of them like everyone else did...Bruce Willis said he appreciated that when he could just go out and be himself and get drunk with some friends if he wanted.....he was a down to earth nice guy.....

I have John McCain's son in my Company and two doors down the catwalk.

Credits
    Savings
    Hey Slug, please tell Senator McCain's son that I think his father is a great American.

Quote Originally Posted by slug View Post
    I have John McCain's son in my Company and two doors down the catwalk.

I thought that McCains son would be in his 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    When I was in Desert Shield/ Desert Storm...I had a friend who was in an Airwing unit.....VMA-542, which was a Harrier Squadron at the time. I have no idea what it is now...but when I would see my friend,(and soon to be brother in law), we would go running alot down there in the heat at Shaik Isa Airbase in Bahrain. Well in his unit there was this tall, lanky looking quiet "Norman Bates" looking Marine telling us he was Demi Moore's brother. We believed him of course because other Marines had seen her and Bruce Willis come to Cherrypoint to visit him a few times before they left.

So after we got back....wow....Bruce and Demi through a huge party for all the Marines who wanted to join.....and of course me and some friends were there....I was just there for the free booze and food....but Bruce did come up and offer me a few shots of tequila.....he's shorter than I thought he was after seeing a few of his movies...lol....never did talk with Demi though....but thats cool...I didn't worship neither one of them like everyone else did...Bruce Willis said he appreciated that when he could just go out and be himself and get drunk with some friends if he wanted.....he was a down to earth nice guy.....
    That party sounds like fun.I like Bruce Willis Movies and he's one of a few actors I'd like to have a beer with,like Clint Eastwood or Tom Hanks.
    I've run into a couple of famous people in Bars(who would of thunk it)
    I was in a bar in Hazleton Pa back in the 70's and Jack Palance showed up because his brother owned the bar or was the bartender,can't remember,and he bought the place a couple of rounds but seemed to be under the weather that night and just sat there sipping brandy.
    Back in the 80's or early 90's I was in a Bar in Beach Lake Pa. and Mario Andretti and Paul Newman came in with some other people who were snowmobiling with them.Andretti owned a house in Beach Lake amd everyone knew him personally in the area,and treated him like one of the guys,but Newman was just like him,talked to everyone, bought drinks and had everyone laughing with his sense of humor.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Another Marine member here ( RSTA ) and I went through bootcamp together with LT. PRESLEY O'BANNONS great, great, grandson. Leatherneck newspaper came. We never saw it. So we didnt know if they did an article or not. His name was Ren J. O'BANNON. Plt. 3321 1968, M.C.R.D.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Everyone I Served With Was Famous.
    Afterall, We Are Marines!!!
    SEMPER FIDELIS MARINES !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Good one Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    I hear you,but I think it's interesting to know who you had contact with while in the Marines who was famous during that time or did something later that made them famous.I watched J. Kenneth Campbells movie career since I first saw him on TV in the 70's and although he never became a big star,he was in a lot of movies and TV shows.During my time in the Marines I had heard that he was killed in action and was happy to hear he was just wounded and recovered.

As for Marines,my father served with Chesty Puller in Nicaraqua in the 30's and knew him well.

I Had The Privilege Of Being In Jame Livinstons(cmoh Winner) 8th Marine Regiment. Ooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

James Livinston (cmoh) I Appologize My Last Tread Had Cmoh In Small Letters. Again I Am Sorry. I Felt Like I Disrespected A Hero For Doing That

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

James Livinston (cmoh)

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    @Big Jim

Bruce Willis lost $200,000 at the craps table in Vegas (Venetian) back in 2000. I won $750.00 that nite and lost $300 of it on the roulette wheel.

Those fcukers made the wheel hit '1' five straight times

I know how Bruce must have felt. As far as him being a 'regular guy', he is from NJ. Here is his new wife...

Thread Information