Did you ever serve with someone famous either then or now. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LtGen Fred McCorkle was my CO at MAWTS-1; ran into LtCol Oliver North at HQMC (nice guy) quite a few times; my desk/office at the Pentagon was Fawn Hall's old one; while at the Pentagon back when Jim Webb was SECNAV, he would always come into my office and use my computer to type his personal stuff. No big "celebs" though

I served under him at Dai Do

When I went through boot-camp at MCRD,San Diego I thought of some of my movie heroes who had undergone recruit training at the very same place,i.e.Glenn Ford and Lee Marvin.That helped me,I couldn't let my heroes down.I didn't!

When I was going through the Cruicible a bunch of the San Diego Chargers came up to observe and (kinda) participate. So one night we're told that we're doing a night patrol. It felt kinda improptu and I got the feeling that another event was cancelled and they just threw it together. Anyway, we're doing this patrol in formation in the middle of the night in the fog as recruits, so needless to say, we were all over the place, getting lost, falling into holes, etc. All of a sudden, contact right, an M249 opens up on us. 70 recruits try to figure out how to "assault through" a single gun and basically end up charging it resulting in 70 "dead" recruits. While the instructor is letting us know how stupid we all were, I look next to him and theres this tall blonde dude with long(er) hair holding the M249. Turns out I was ambushed (and killed) by Drew Brees with a SAW.

Famous.

I got to shake hands with Brigadier General 'Chesty' Puller, along with a few hundred other Marines, when we joined the the Division, in Korea. He had just been promoted, and appointed Division Executive Officer. I also knew Johnnie Organ, who according to RING Magazine, was one of the top ten contenders, for the Heavy-weight Championship, in 1950. Does He count? S/F!! Ken

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    back in '73 i was the squad leader of Leon SPINKS in the 2d Marines. what a sh1t bird.

After Boot Camp and ITR in 1965 , I reported @Camp Lejeune 10th Marines and L/Cpl Ken Norton was a few racks down.He later transferred to the base boxing team and eventually became a world champion.In 66 the Everly brothers were having reserve training @29 Palms and put on a little show for us,actress Linda Day George's brother was stationed at the stumps at the same time.After Vietnam I reported in @San Diego for DI school and Gunny Jimmie Howard logged me.He won the Medal of Honor in Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog43701 View Post
    back in '73 i was the squad leader of Leon SPINKS in the 2d Marines. what a sh1t bird.

Did he have all his teeth then?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Miss Penelope Plummer Perth Australlia gave Me a WOODY

Bob Hope came by my Hospital Bed with Miss World or Universe?,stayed and talked too Me took a Couple of Pics shook my Hand and She gave a Kiss on my forehead.Dam She smelled Good

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    I got to shake hands with Brigadier General 'Chesty' Puller, along with a few hundred other Marines, when we joined the the Division, in Korea. He had just been promoted, and appointed Division Executive Officer. I also knew Johnnie Organ, who according to RING Magazine, was one of the top ten contenders, for the Heavy-weight Championship, in 1950. Does He count? S/F!! Ken
    You don't really expect me to say Chesty doesn't count do you.
    As for Johnny Organ,he must have been one of boxings punching bags,I can't find anything on him.

Anyone remember the show"Operation Entertainment"?
    I was at NATTD in Memphis in 1968 and they taped a show there.
    Kenny Rogers and the First Edition was the main act,actually the only act I can remember.But he doesn't count, he was not in the Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Col.Ripley then a 1St.Lt.Hazed Me,made two Parachute Jumps with General Pace,ran into 1st Lt.Carl Munday at Dong Ha a couple of times.Used too check the I.D Card at main gate Henderson Hall of Diane Parkinson Her Daddy was A Marine up in Northern Virginia.Used too really snap too when Lt.General Lew Walt would come rolling up.

Spin dfoctors

Quote Originally Posted by HereandThere View Post
    You don't really expect me to say Chesty doesn't count do you.
    As for Johnny Organ,he must have been one of boxings punching bags,I can't find anything on him.
    IF YOU'RE TRYING TO LAY A GUILT TRIP ON ME, IT AIN'T WORKING. If you ever learn how to read, you'll notice that my question was specifically aimed at Johnnie Organ. Try Ring Magazine, !951. kEN

Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    IF YOU'RE TRYING TO LAY A GUILT TRIP ON ME, IT AIN'T WORKING. If you ever learn how to read, you'll notice that my question was specifically aimed at Johnnie Organ. Try Ring Magazine, !951. kEN
    Ring magazine? I wouldn't waste my time on a fixed so called sport.

A Matter Of Taste.

[quote=HereandThere;613490]Ring magazine? I wouldn't waste my time on a fixed so called sport.[/quote}
    There is an old saying, that covers your problem, it goes,"Everybody to their own taste, said the old Lady, as she kissed the cow." You still haven't impressed me, and I'm not going to waste any more time fencing with you.It's embarrassing. Ken

Thread Information