Marsoc?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marsoc?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marsoc?

I just joined this site and plan on signing up after this spring semester. My main goal for the Marines is to end up in MARSOC. I don't care for the awesome travel, and although the pay is good, I'm here to do my best and possibly be the best, all for my country.

My question is this; what can I do that will increase my chances of joining MARSOC? Since I've atleast until the end of the semester, I figured I'd do what I can to make it all happen alittle 'smoother' when I get there.

I quit smoking after three years, and started running almost everyday to improve my lung function, and I started lifting weights again for weight/strength preperation.

Is there anything else that you old farts with the experience, can give this Marine wannabe, to make my goals come true?

Thanks so much in advance guys,

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggsM3LS1 View Post
    Is there anything else that you old farts with the experience, can give this Marine wannabe, to make my goals come true?

Thanks so much in advance guys,

Danny
    When you become a Marine, then you can call Marines 'old farts', but until then....have "RESPECT" and call us Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    When you become a Marine, then you can call Marines 'old farts', but until then....that's just Marines to you.
    Haha sounds like a deal. I do respect the hell out of what you guys and girls do for this country, and your fellow men, so until this summer or so, Marines it is.

I just want to be as prepared as possible. I've even been reading the thread on Marine Boot camp test. I know that I'm getting ahead of myself, but then the 12 P's come to mind

Yeah, it is a "big deal". And we are Marines, not you guys or girls.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Yeah, it is a "big deal". And we are Marines, not you guys or girls.
    Whoa I'm sorry if I offended you. You may be Marines but you're still a 'GUY' or a 'GIRL'. I'm more used to forum talk and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I came here for advice, as the sub-forum implies, but i seem to be just making you mad, so I'll just go elsewhere.

You know, I still love the Marine Corps, but you seem like the kinda guy that might give it a bad rep. More power to you though

Credits
    Savings
    Edit: I just read your profile. I should have said "I'm sorry 'MAM' "

Whoa I'm sorry if I offended you. You may be Marines but you're still a 'GUY' or a 'GIRL'. I'm more used to forum talk and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I came here for advice, as the sub-forum implies, but i seem to be just making you mad, so I'll just go elsewhere.

You know, I still love the Marine Corps, but you seem like the kinda guy that might give it a bad rep. More power to you though
    Do I look like a guy to you?
    And no, you're not making me mad, this is just they way I am. I don't like when Marines are refered to by wannabes and poolees as you guys or girls. We've EARNED the title and should be called Marines!

As for answers to your question, I'm sure a Marine will be along to give you the answers you're looking for.

You may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums while you at it.

Lifting weights and running a few times a week. Yea, that should do it. Keep up the good work Champ.

Credits
    Savings
    Seriously though, I came here for plan/prep advice. I'm really looking forward to joining the Marine Corps family, and I thought that it was a tight knit group, but this is ridiculous

Seriously though, I came here for plan/prep advice. I'm really looking forward to joining the Marine Corps family, and I thought that it was a tight knit group, but this is ridiculous
    You pizz one Marine off you have to deal with us all, go army.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    You pizz one Marine off you have to deal with us all, go army.
    I pizz off one Marine, then I deal with it and go MARINE.

That's what real Marines do

If it wasn't for google I wouldn't know what you people were talking about.Hell I never knew Recon was disbanded.That's what they get for stealing the skivvies from some of our guys at Geiger.

Your first priority should be your schooling right now.

Exercise. Work on your cardio. Swim as much as you can. Whether or not your physically able to do it means nothing if your not mentally up for it. Don't say your mentally up for it until you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by HereandThere View Post
    If it wasn't for google I wouldn't know what you people were talking about.Hell I never knew Recon was disbanded.That's what they get for stealing the skivvies from some of our guys at Geiger.
    Recon is still around. Even Force Recon is still around.

Old Farts?

That's what real Marines do
    How do you know what real Marines do, did you read it somewhere? Stop acting like you're part of the family; you have nooooo idea how tight knit we are.

You are not our buddy or pal, so don't act like it.

And this isn't some "normal" forum -- it is a forum for Marine Veterans, you are a visitor, and you are treading on thin ice.

Got it?

Thread Information