Marriage. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marriage.

I would talk to your SNOIC if you can. Our Ssgt (class instructor) worked with a few Marines...and I think he ended up talking to a monitor and getting some pull, making sure a few Marines get sent to the stations they wanted. Now, this wasn't for everyone...I think he only did it for two Marines, one was already married and the other was having some personal issues.

You can always try though. Semper Fi

DONT DO IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,you said you understand it is not the greatest idea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I USUALLY FOLLOW THE GREAT IDEAS,---

You definately want to wait until you get to your first duty station and find out the deployment schedule. (If you'll be on one).

My cousin enlisted and married. Moved his 18yr old Wife to Jacksonville, NC and he deployed 2 months later. She was 2000 miles from friends and family and all alone. That's no way to start a "lifetime" commitment and it was over as fast as it started.

Personally I would recommend waiting until after your first deployment...no matter when it is. It gives you some time to get situated with your unit and gives you both a chance to grow. You want to rush marriage because "You've been together a long time". Well would it kill you to wait a little longer? Unless there is a kid involved don't rush into it!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Treat a wife like you would a good horse. Rub her aplenty, talk softly, give her sweets
    and see to her grooming (this includes but is not limited to the beauty parlor and flowers)
    If these things are done properly you will be able to get on and ride occassionly without having to ear her down or use a twitch on her nose.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    and most of all , be happy, truthful and not afraid to talk to each other about anything. it takes two to make it work, I Have been married to my Marine for 39 years, and we have been down the road together, Best of luck and best wishes, to you both.it took us about two months before I could join him, we was on base housing, so tell her to hang in there with you.everything will turn out for you both. ROSE

Well I to hope the best for you and the little misses.
    To really give you and good idea of what and all. The 1st question is what is your MOS(03) then that answered then more information. You can get on the wed and find out all kinds of information on almost bases then you will have most of your information.
    Yes save save save because it is not cheap to live in town, if you get lucky to get into base housing then it is a bit better.
    Ever one has given good info but so listen up and follow through.

IF you end up going to Okinawa, you need to tell you command at your school ASAP about your pending marriage.

We had two people come to Okinawa, same class in school, both married. However, one told the command and one didn't. The one who told the command ended up staying at MOS school longer (about a month) then came out to Okinawa on accompanied orders, got a car pretty fast, etc. The one who didn't tell the command told his new one (the one we're all at now) and he got his pay adjusted and such, but ended up spending almost $2000 keeping his wife in Okinawa on an unaccompanied tour, and almost ended up getting his change to accompanied orders denied. After about 4-5 months and a lot of hassle and $ later he finally got it changed and she came back out.

As far as marriage anywhere else... yeah, I got no idea. But do NOT come to Okinawa without orders reflecting your marriage (either 1 year unaccompanied or 3 years accompanied).

Thank you all for the insight, and the ones that are telling me not to do it, its done, the wedding is planned, its what I want and its what she wants so yea. But thank you for the insight. The rest of you that helped, I am at school to be an 0231. I will talk to my instructors and see if they are willing to help me, thank you all for the help.

Thread Information