Marriage.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marriage.

Marriage.

Good afternoon Marines. Alright. Currently I am at my MOS school. I have decided with my fiance that we are getting married when I get my leave after my schooling. With that said I would like some information. One quick thing, if you are coming in here to tell me not to do it, please just dont post. I understand its not the greatest idea in the world, but I have been with her for a long time and this has been our dream for awahile. With that said.

1. When I get to my duty station, what would I need to do to get an apartment so my wife would be able to move with me. Etc.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Semper Fidelis

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Permission and Money.

I figured that much lol. Just curious as to how i would start the process.

As soon as you check in to your duty station, inform your SNCO.
    Everybody will start steering you in the right direction on where you have to go first.

What Sally said, but I'll add, make sure you have extra money set aside. I did the exact same thing, it took over a month before my pay was squared away. It got real tight that first month after putting up the deposit and first months rent for our apartment and buying what little food we could, we were completely flat broke. Good luck.

Thank you very much Marines. I have been saving and still am saving here at school. It's pretty easy to save up here, but thank you for the information and steering me in the right direction

Semper fi!

You also might want to inform your fiance of what will happen/not happen. What I'm trying to say is, inform her that she might not get to come right away, you need to square your pay away, the situation, etc. etc.

Honestly, I would do all that and get situated before you bring her to the duty station and find out that you have to do a months worth of crap before things can happen. Now, that might not happen, but as I'm sure you know, plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GoodLuck too You both Thanks for Serving our Country Marine I'll watch out 4 Her when Your on Duty S/F JODY

Yes, I have informed her that it could be a month or 2 before she can come down. And thank you, much appreciated Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by rg2o3 View Post
    Yes, I have informed her that it could be a month or 2 before she can come down. And thank you, much appreciated Marines.
    Between now and then you should get her on this site and let he talk to some Marine wife's about what is involved and how they like the enviorment.
    This way you both will get the information from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Well sounds like you keeping it all squared away, hope it works out for the two of you. Semper Fi Marine!

Credits
    Savings
    Do you know when you find out where you are going because I didn't get my orders for my first duty station until about a week before graduation. My orders were for an unaccompanied tour to Okinawa. Now I wasn't married or planning it, but I'm just wondering if you are ordered to report to an overseas station can those orders be amended to an accompanied tour or is he going to be screwed?

Thank you Marines! Well I find out where my orders are about a week before graduation but, we get to choose our orders based on class rank, half the class is reservists so they dont get to choose orders, and there are also 5 NCO's who does not count in those picks as well. So it will come down to about 15 of us, 2 Marines in my class REALLY REALLY want to go to Okinawa, so hopefuly they take the spots to that station.

Credits
    Savings
    Good luck Brother I hope everything works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rg2o3 View Post
    Thank you Marines! Well I find out where my orders are about a week before graduation but, we get to choose our orders based on class rank, half the class is reservists so they dont get to choose orders, and there are also 5 NCO's who does not count in those picks as well. So it will come down to about 15 of us, 2 Marines in my class REALLY REALLY want to go to Okinawa, so hopefuly they take the spots to that station.
    yeah lets hope you don't get stuck w/ oki than your wife is stuck stateside for 2 years, good luck

Thread Information