Disability Insurance - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just as long as I do not commit suicide which will never happen, they cover all areas. What i am surprised to notice that in my policy they don't list this as an exclusion : dying while attempting to commit a felony... haha sorry couldn't help myself.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can't imagine the premiums on a private life insurance policy with a payout of 400K and covers you in combat. They must be pretty high.

Are you talking about health insurance?

No life insurance. I planning on taking what the military has to offer when it comes to the health insurance.

Disability insurance in the Marine Corps?
    Oh yeah,It's called a floor buffer.
    If your hurt or sick and can't do your regular job,they make you a floor buffer commando.

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    No life insurance. I planning on taking what the military has to offer when it comes to the health insurance.
    So you're talking about insurance incase you die then? I think you may be confused about what you're talking about.

Life insurance pays money to a beneficiary in the event of your death. The Marine Corps provides $400,000 bucks for $26 per month from each member.

No disability insurance, life insurance I already have not worried about that at all. Paying a little more than $26 I get more than $400,000. I honestly don't think $400,000 is enough so that is why I got one personalized. My bf just got on my case on looking into what the gov. provides on regards to disability insurance, so I take back what I said on about having to worry about it after boot camp. Need know and understand my options.

In that case I'll echo what I said before. There is no disability insurance. Refer to my previous posts on the matter.

Read this: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor...paration_2.htm

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    (heavy sigh)

Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    (heavy sigh)

Who's on first?
    Maybe Abbott & Costello know...lol!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    They're on 2nd & 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    They're on 2nd & 3rd.
    LOL!!!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    Life insurance only covers you when you are dead. I spoke to the Gunnery Sergeant, he only spoke about the life insurance so I was just hopping I can ask the Marines here, who have taken the disability insurance. When do you sign the paperwork regarding this? While at boot camp or after?
    No disability insurance, and seriously why the hell do you care you are not even in yet and far from out . If you get f ucked up due to the military you get rated by the VA when you get out and might get some money and might not. Its called a Service Connected disability try looking into that if you want I don't know why you even care but there you go.

I highly recommend these guys if you insurance policy won't pay.

Last edited by HereandThere; 02-27-10 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling

You might think its funny now, not till you have come of age.
    Thanks for the link BR34. I will keep looking into it and maybe consulate with some Officers and see what they did.

You STILL don't get it. There is nothing you CAN do. Ahh never mind.

Thread Information