My son is being discharged for drinking - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels123 View Post
    Beer and wine are allowed, hard liquor is not.
    Times have changed, it wasn't allowed when I was serving.

...When not actually on post your are in a reactionary status which means that no drinking...
    yep, until your squad or section is officially relieved and subject to no further duties. not so easy to forget.
    ...he wasn't on a "break"...he was still on duty and that's a def. no-no
    a dubious blunder, at the least

whatever he told you multiply that by 1000 ---young Marines never tell their parents the WHOLE truth---------------------------------THE MILITARY IS BAD AND SCARY(growl)

I always had beer in my frig

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    First thing beer was never allowed in the barracks just seems like there is something else going on.
    Yeah beer is allowed in the barracks now, 6 pack per Marine thats over 21. Thats the basic rule, but it can also be up to the command. Hard stuff is not allowed in the barracks at all no matter what your rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Meserole08orah View Post
    I agree!! In albany there were Marines who drank and just got NJPd but nobody got kicked out. Plus i dont think anyone is going to tell their parents the full truth of why they are getting kicked out of the Marine Corps. You just might want to see if you can talk to his Command. It depends on what base it is. Hope hes being honest with you, thats all I can say
    He's a grown man, his mom should not invade his privacy, if he poped on a **** test or something or has a record of these types of offenses thats his business not his mothers.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If memory serves Slinger was on Sea Duty and Wookie was also on Barracks Duty. All of us with more than a minute in the MC know better than to test the waters. The lad made a mistake and should go stand on the carpet for it. No reason to run him out on a rail though.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by egbutler1 View Post

As well the rule in the Marines is you cannot drink 8 hours prior to the work day. Example if you get off work at 1630 and have to be awake at 0530 you have to stop drinking at 2130.

What FMF line unit were you ever a part of? Jeeeez....we would have had to boot out half of the Corps if that was ever a policy that got enforced. I can remember guys back in 1982 who were coming in from the town outside Camp Schwab (Henoko) at 0400 to get dressed for the 0430 PT session.

Now as for the mom who is *****ing about her son getting the discharge, oh well. If he can't be trusted to do his duty in garrison, I sure wouldn't want him side by side with me when the balloon goes up. She needs a copy of the general orders and special orders for watch. You just don't **** up ON DUTY.

Quote Originally Posted by AAV Crewchief View Post
    What FMF line unit were you ever a part of? Jeeeez....we would have had to boot out half of the Corps if that was ever a policy that got enforced. I can remember guys back in 1982 who were coming in from the town outside Camp Schwab (Henoko) at 0400 to get dressed for the 0430 PT session.

Now as for the mom who is *****ing about her son getting the discharge, oh well. If he can't be trusted to do his duty in garrison, I sure wouldn't want him side by side with me when the balloon goes up. She needs a copy of the general orders and special orders for watch. You just don't **** up ON DUTY.
    It didn't get enforced in any of my units but who knows about this guys. But thats the "rule". **** I'd be running PT drunk just about every day lol.

What would Billy the Kid do?........ummm crap wrong example.....what would Heyzues do?

Never mind that he's probably under 21 which further compounds his problem. 90% of the time when things like this happen, the parents and others aren't gonna get the whole straight story.

Credits
    Savings
    What gets me here is the obvious " somethings missing " and mom believes his version. Now the Marines are evil b@stards and are out to screw everyone over junior being less than truthful about events.

Quote Originally Posted by Meserole08orah View Post
    Well in albany our bks duty is a 24 hour post and so is MCBH K-Bay. You report in at 0730 on morning then check out 0730 the next and most places you dont work on shifts. Being a Marine you should know not all Bases are the same. Duty NCO and the A Duty stand duty all night alot of times again dont sleep but DNCO and A Duty is bks duty AKA 24 hour duty.

You guys, and girls (Leathernecks) in albany are trend setters, wow, a 24-hour duty post with a Duty and A Duty NCO. Hmm, interesting.

To the OP -- Mom, there is more to the story. No to sound like a record, but there is. Young Leathernecks often times get in trouble once they leave the wings of their fine DI's. Most only get a whooping, a page 11 entry (got 3), or at most NJP (got 1). Anything more and there is usually either a history of trouble, or more to the story then meets the eye. IMHO

Seems to me there are way tooooo many speculations addressing a "first post with nooooo profile" and "noooo additional comments by the poster to clarify the situation". Don't even know to whom you are talking. Just my 2cents worth.

A Marine on duty is not signified by an "arm band". In the Marine Corps we wear a cartridge belt to show that you are on duty. That arm band thing sounds to me like some kind of army bs.

Thread Information