Hating
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hating

Angry Hating

Dammit it's annoying when you tell your mom you decided to enlist.....and then shes like;

"I don't want you to join the Marines, but if that's what you want to do, then I'll support you 100% I'm so proud of you!(amidst crying of course)"

and the not two days later, she changes her mind....

"but WHY do you want to join the Marines? You should join the Navy, you're way too smart for the Marines! You're not a convict, or stupid, you shouldn't be joining the Marines! Join the Navy, see the world! Go on a submarine or something! You know your uncle was in the Navy? Here call him! I'm sure he will be able to talk to you about joining the Navy! or the Airforce! you could fly a jet!"

"no mom, I've made my decision"

"okay.....but just talk to him anyways okay? and don't sign anything yet! PLEASE!!???"

This has been going on for the past two weeks now, any advice on how to stop her ridiculous behavior?

There's nothing unusual about what you're going through. My parents made me see a psychologist when they found out I enlisted. No kidding.

Now there are EGAs on their cars and they bring up my service to friends and relatives without being asked. You'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Auwe76 View Post
    This has been going on for the past two weeks now, any advice on how to stop her ridiculous behavior?

Go to the Marine Corps RSS yourself and get the Marine Corps recruiter to call your mom or get your mom to agree to set up an appointment w/ the reruiter. That way he can tell her all the different oppurtunities in the Marines. Trust me it works. Thats their jobs.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Auwe76 View Post
    Dammit it's annoying when you tell your mom you decided to enlist.....and then shes like;

"I don't want you to join the Marines, but if that's what you want to do, then I'll support you 100% I'm so proud of you!(amidst crying of course)"

and then not two days later, she changes her mind.... That's not unusual

"but WHY do you want to join the Marines? You should join the Navy, you're way too smart for the Marines! You're not a convict, or stupid, you shouldn't be joining the Marines! Join the Navy, see the world! Go on a submarine or something! You know your uncle was in the Navy? Here call him! I'm sure he will be able to talk to you about joining the Navy! or the Airforce! you could fly a jet!"

"no mom, I've made my decision"

"okay.....but just talk to him anyways okay? and don't sign anything yet! PLEASE!!???"

You are 18 and can make up your own mind about YOUR future! Just tell her to deal with it! I mean don't be real rude but point out to her why you want the Corps!

It's a MOM THING, I assure you! None of them want their BABY to go into the Marines, or any other branch for that matter. If you had told her you were joining the Navy she would have asked why you didn't join the Air Force.......IT'S A MOM THING!

Good luck and stay motovated,

Dave

I no longer speak with my mother.

It was her or the Marines. I chose the Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kbs95125 View Post

I am rolling up my trouser legs.......it's getting deep!

I signed before I told my mom, I knew I would have gotten the same thing. My mind was set so I did what I did, once she found it it was set in stone she supported me 110% and still does. I can seriously tell nothing makes her more proud when she says "My kid's a Marine"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker-0321 View Post
    I signed before I told my mom, I knew I would have gotten the same thing. My mind was set so I did what I did, once she found it it was set in stone she supported me 110% and still does. I can seriously tell nothing makes her more proud when she says "My kid's a Marine"
    Dang Parker, you getting good at this posting chit! I'm proud of you Marine.

Semper Fi

Dave

Credits
    Savings

Son, you will regret that, BIG TIME!!!!

... and you know what, I always capitalized Mother.

Credits
    Savings
    Auwe76 - Man Up!!!

NOW, having said that, REMEMBER, she is still your Mother, and at the end of the day, she'll still love you. Cherish that!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your 18, your decision,,,, However, work it out with her, she'll come around in time. After all, every Marine has a mommie,,,,,'cept for a Gunnie I knew.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

That's fkd up.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Sorta,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    That's fkd up.
    sounds like that relationship was already messed up. Hope it gets better with time.

Credits
    Savings
    Alot of Mom's freak out when you tell them you are joing the Marines because, even Mom's know that the Marines are America's last true Warriors, even Mom's know that the Marines will defend this Nation no matter what the cost and especially Mom's know what the cost of that service can be. Keep trying to explain your decision but in the end your Mom will respect you for the decision you have made and the Marine you will become.

Sparkie pretty much nailed it. I had tried to be a "better son" my whole life. Never was good enough for her. During boot camp though, I realized it wasn't me. I chose the Marines over her, she chose a bottle over our entire family.

You can only carry someone elses burdens for so long....

As far as the original post goes... You are 18. You, as I, have a lot of life left to live. If this is what you want, do it. Your choices, your actions, your life. I made my choice. I may have lost a relationship with one person, but I gained so much in many other relationships, including the one I have with myself.

Thread Information